Thats right, its another first time FPV Question

Reaction score
Okay, to all those that regularly help out on these boards, thanks very much for all your help. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has enjoyed getting involved in something quite complex without much previous knowledge. Your help is much respected and appreciated.

I read most of the posts about fpv set ups and have tried to "develop" a cheap set up. I'm not superkeen on going for max range (yet) I just want to get a basic fpv working.

I have the p2, with h3-2d gimbal and gopro 3 (all working fine)

I've bought a 200mw 5.8g
1 x RC5808 Receiver
1 x TS58200 Transmitter
A set of cloverleaf antenna - no special makes, which came with the wrong male/female end, so I am planning to get an adaptor to make the antenna's fit.
A USB easyCAp set up for displaying on my laptop.
A 12v rechargeable battery to run the receiver.

This may sound silly, but is this a boscam ? Is this a specific type or make ?
Can I fit the transmitter to the spare cables sticking out the base (as per the many helpful diagrams people have posted) or do I need to crack open the case ?

I've totally gone through the forums but get too confused when people mention diversity (Product name?) Immersion (product name) and Boscam.

I'm not overly fussed if this stuff is a waste of money as I tried to be to cheap about it all, its just a bit of an adventure to see if I can get stuff working (short range) or am I wasting my time trying to get this to work ?

Thanks again to all, reading through these forums has been a great help in parting me with my money and long may it continue to do so.

CHeers again Rob

I may be wrong but I don't think there is any way to get FPV on a laptop (at least not cheaply).

on my receiver it has the rca composite out,i use a composite in to USB and viola!i have live fpv on laptop recording.

Yep, I think that would work. The Easycap is a nice bit of kit :)

The RC5808 and TS58200 are both Boscam. The whole FPV debate is very subjective, you'll find some are very loyal to ImmersionRC, some to Fatshark, others to Boscam and then the die hard AVL58 brigade. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with it and it fulfils your needs, then it's fine.

When it comes to fitting the transmitter you can just solder onto the ends of the pigtail protruding from the bottom of the P2 however you’ll make your life a whole lot easier opening up the case and removing the wire before soldering it all together. Or you could just get one of these (UK based company, very good). This option means no soldering at all!

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables/phantom-2-iosd-mini-transmitter

Diversity which you’ve been reading about is basically a receiver that has two receivers built into it. The signal is picked up on whichever receiver finds the strongest signal. The beauty of this setup is that if you are doing long-range FPV you can use a combination of two antennae, one that performs well at a short range and the other at a longer range. The diversity receiver will just switch between the antennae when it needs to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl