Tali H500 struggles to make an appearance

Reaction score
When Walkera first annouced the H500 more than a few people thought DJI might be put under pressure to release a Vision 3 or at least a machine that filled the gap between the Vision and the S1000. A few months down the line and everthing seems to have gone very quiet, in fact it is still almost impossible to buy a H500 from a UK dealer. Yes, they are there on eBay, but I for one won't be repeating the experience of buying from China - Last time what I ordered and what I got was entirely different!

Walkera are not a new comer to the UK or the quadcopter scene so I am left wondering why the big delay?

Fair Game said:
When Walkera first annouced the H500 more than a few people thought DJI might be put under pressure to release a Vision 3 or at least a machine that filled the gap between the Vision and the S1000. A few months down the line and everthing seems to have gone very quiet, in fact it is still almost impossible to buy a H500 from a UK dealer. Yes, they are there on eBay, but I for one won't be repeating the experience of buying from China - Last time what I ordered and what I got was entirely different!

Walkera are not a new comer to the UK or the quadcopter scene so I am left wondering why the big delay?

Stirring up demand and storing up supplies for the Xmas market would be my suspicion...

I'm a member of a Tali forum... That bird is having some serious growing pains. I'm still interested in it, but not even tempted to supply beta testing service...

-slinger

Unsafe default parameters, easy to break landing gear motor, with a locked flight controller that cannot be connected to APM mission planner (their version of assist / ground station) are just a few issues. Has potential and the hardware is good, but needs some help to be actually good.m

Buy the basic package, gut the electronics for rebuild

Wonder if there are problems meeting UK regulations then?

Pity. Apart from the camera the spec seems very good on paper.

Never understood why they would fit a camera of that quality and claim the machine is for pro work!

Fair Game said:

Never understood why they would fit a camera of that quality and claim the machine is for pro work!

the machine is, the camera isn't. you buy it without the gimbal and camera and mount your own set up for pro use.

locoworks said:
Fair Game said:

the machine is, the camera isn't. you buy it without the gimbal and camera and mount your own set up for pro use.

Buying the machine is proving the hard bit in the UK! But yes, from what I have seen on YouTube the camera is very lack lustre. Unfortunately the way they have configured the system using a GoPro or other camera also requires the addtion of a transmitter and then you lose on screen display.

Looks a good machine, and the TX with the screen in-built would be a joy, but it does not seem to have been thought through!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl