Taking Guards on/off Repeatedly

I just leave mine on. It provides a larger profile to see when far away. I don't crash into things but with the narrow landing skids, it can tip over when landing on uneven surfaces causing prop strikes. So many are worried about how they affect performance. The Phantom is not a speed racer. It's meant to be a stable platform to fly and maybe video.

Most people want to fly with them on but remove them for storage/transport to reduce overall size. Without props and guards it's a whole lot smaller.

I've never had a problem yet transporting my Phantom with guards on. Don't fit in your case....get a bigger case. Problem solved.

Yeah problem solved , c'mon the case would be huge and expensive.
I already have a case , but with this fragile gimbal I think it adds a little protection on tip overs.
And yes I can fly , but sometimes it wants to tip over on landing. Maybe it's wind or I uneven surface.
I definitely know it behaves better without the guards , never had a problem with my 450 tipping.

By the time you get everything into the case they need it would be huge. Who has a Phantom in a case and still doesn't have to bring out more stuff? The cases are cool but ya can't get all you need in one unless two batteries is all you may need and if prop guards are off, do they still fit into case? What about fpv stuff. Will it fit also....oh, and the charger and extra props and some tools and on and on.
I use to think my wife would fit into a case well....too much extra BS that came with it nixed that idea.

Have u looked at the toughcase for pv2+ ? I have one, I can put 4 battery's , charger, 4 extra props , tools, cables, extra battery's for transmitter and a iPad mini and transmitter mount for it. Everything I need in the case , don't need to bring anything else. And that's with leaving the props on. Fit on the front seat of my jeep.
With clip on prop guards I could just stick the guards in a bag.

The Dual-Lock idea is pretty genius. I created an account just to compliment/thank you for it, and to say that I'm going to give it a try. Screwing/Unscrewing the prop guards is just no fun, and I also bought the OEM ones + a case I really really like. I guess for $20-30 I could get quick snap-off prop-guards, but it's the principle.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31