Taking control during a Litchi mission?

Reaction score
Today I purchased Litchi since for filming purposes, it appears to be vastly superior to DJI Go.
Now I'm slightly worried what to do when something goes wrong.
For instance, I plan a mission, start my P4 and all of a sudden realize that one tree its flying towards is a lot higher than I thought it was. Assuming I'm still in controller range, is there a really fast and reliable way to get control back to manual?
Thank you.

Switch the MODE back to "P" and fly the aircraft home. It may be called something else on the P4.

With the Phantom 4, you can switch to "A" mode to exit the current IOC mode.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks guys. That's great news.
So I guess I'll have my index finger on that switch all the time...
I keep my finger on the pause button as this is instantious. Then you can stop and think for a min......

Yes. The pause button will stop the phantom 4 and hover. I have used it many times during a litchi waypoint mission.

Oh, so pause works as well? Even better then.
Thank you very much. I'll test Litchi for the first time today and I admit I'm terribly excited.

The pause button will not exit out of the mission, but will stop it. Then you can exit out by switching to sport mode. I started doing it this way after a lil mishap.

You can also pull back on the right stick and it will fly the mission in reverse.

One thing I've learned to do is set the cruising speed low to start. I get close to my first waypoint, and let it creep there. Then I hit pause, bump the speed back up to where I need it. It prevents such sudden, fast movements. I also make sure to be on the side where obstacles exist when I start the mission. That way it is flying towards open airspace instead.

Had one incident where it moved in to the first waypoint so fast, I didn't have time to react. Clipped a pine tree and crashed. No harm, but a lesson learned.

All of the above are all good if within signal range.

If out of range nothing you can do but wait for mission to complete, unless you set it to do otherwise upon signal loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav