Taco RC vs Polar Pro ND's - verdict?

Reaction score
The big question - is the PP premium justified?

The big attraction of the TRC ND's is that you get an ND32 in the same pack, something you can't get with PP. If there's no appreciable quality difference (colour cast etc) then the decision is pretty simple for me.

If you look at the physical attributes of the PP filters, they have a raised lip on the filter rim. This raised lip is incompatible with the stock P4 gimbal lock. PP offers their own gimbal lock to for this problem, but it's not as good at the OEM gimbal lock. The Taco filters don't have this lip, they look identical to the filters from DJI, and are compatible with the OEM gimbal lock. Other than that, Polar pro filters are very good quality.

Thanks - I actually bought the PP gimbal lock as it's easier to put on and remove than the standard one (although it does leave black marks on the gimbal where it clips on). I use it when I take it out nearby for practice but if I'm travelling far I'll put on the original lock which is far more secure and puts less stress on the vibration damper.

I would prefer to get the TRC filter for the extra ND 'range' and $ unless there's a big quality difference. Do you have a view on them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31