$10 cost difference (Polar Pro vs. DJI) Filters????

Reaction score
DJI ND4, 8, 16
vs.
Polar Pro 4, 8, 16

There's a cost difference of $10 overall. I have no experience with either one of these. I was recommended Polar pro by a close friend, but I heard the DJI's are also really good. Is the Polar Pro worth the extra $10?

I may be wrong about this but I believe I seen reviews saying the PolarPro has to be removed so the gimbal guard fits on the camera,I also seen something about gimbal error messages regarding the PolarPro

And another $10 difference... dji charges $10 shipping on 1 filter. Outrageous!

Very expensive but worth it. TIFFEN made in USA Filters for Phantom PRO 4 and advanced. They are oversized to prevent vignetting so you have to use the PYGY TECH Gimbal lock for the P4 PRO.

I work for TIffen (DISCLAIMER) and the only place you can get these so far in B&H as they bought the entire first production run. If you do not mind ordering these on line from them you will be fine of course.

Go to my personal You tube channel if you want to see the results and read about my tests with them. 2mabender

The company has never published or shared any of this as it is just my personal stuff. I have tried several manufactures' brands and I have to tell you I am spoiled by the TIffen's color and sharpnes.Obviously my prejudiced but honest opinion.

Very expensive but worth it. TIFFEN made in USA Filters for Phantom PRO 4 and advanced. They are oversized to prevent vignetting so you have to use the PYGY TECH Gimbal lock for the P4 PRO.

I work for TIffen (DISCLAIMER) and the only place you can get these so far in B&H as they bought the entire first production run. If you do not mind ordering these on line from them you will be fine of course.

Go to my personal You tube channel if you want to see the results and read about my tests with them. 2mabender

The company has never published or shared any of this as it is just my personal stuff. I have tried several manufactures' brands and I have to tell you I am spoiled by the TIffen's color and sharpnes.Obviously my prejudiced but honest opinion.
Theyre actually cheaper than the Polar Pro series btw. Had them for a month or so now. They are awesome with absolutely no color shift at all! You get a polarizer, which I almost never use, an ND 8 and a 16. 16 is the one for almost all flying in brighter sun. 8 is perfect for last couple hours of sun. Then I go to none after that. This Tiffen set is 79 bucks. Very very good build quality too. Only wish the letters were white so you could read them easier on the side. And just use your gimble lock that come with your bird. Just use a Dremel tool and cut off the front facing round part that goes in front of your lens. Then it fits on there perfectly! It's in your case anyway so you don't need that in front of lens while it's stored away.

Dewein, how much would you charge to take a filter and put it in a box you bought and add a shipping label and postage and ship it to me where I live? There is a minimum cost to do all of this and a smart person tries to buy multiple items from a seller to reduce the cost per item. Pretty basic.

DJI is having its filters produced in far higher volumes and so its per filter cost is going to be lower. Whether the filters are "better" is anybody's guess. More important is whether there will be a noticeable difference in the pictures or videos produced.

For still images I wanted the advantages of polarizing ND filters and bought a set six from PolarPro. Polarizing filters help not only with water but also with green foliage in producing better image quality. Free shipping from B&H for the set.

I wish the manufacturers would stop including CPLs in their filter sets - 99% of the time they are a waste of time.

So I went with Polar pro thru B&H. I got the Polarized filters. But @Calsun comments above about the PL's only being good for still images makes me regret my decision a bit. I still haven't received the product as it is being shipped. I think I'll just keep them and also add some tiffen non polarized?

So I went with Polar pro thru B&H. I got the Polarized filters. But @Calsun comments above about the PL's only being good for still images makes me regret my decision a bit. I still haven't received the product as it is being shipped. I think I'll just keep them and also add some tiffen non polarized?

Circular polarizers rely on the angles of reflections/light being exactly aligned to work properly - this is fine when the lens is on the front of a DSLR and you can adjust it each and every time you move the camera's position however, when you put that circular polarizer on the front of a drone that's half a mile away you are going to struggle to manage that adjustment :)

You can just about make them work with still images but for movies they are little more than snake oil

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl