Tablets

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Professional.

All is good so far, but having some "disconnect" issues with my Samsung Gallaxy 5S. It about 2 years old and I feel like the charge connection is maybe a little over used (loss fitting).

About to upgrade to a Galaxy 7S, and have seen some articles about Samsung and DJI issues.

First, are there known problems with the Gallaxy 7S ?

Second, are there any "cheap" tablets that will run the GO App (don't feel like buying a $400 Tablets, I have a older Asus Tablet, but not built for GoApp)?

I know some of you guys are anti-Apple but get a used/refurbished iPad. That is the simplest way for a good experience.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I used my phone (LG G5) and also tried a couple of other android devices, but in my experience they (sadly enough) lack the stability i find in using my iPad Air 2. As much as i love Android, i do my flying using GO and Litchi by IOS.

I don't understand the obsession some people have with wanting to use the cheapest, no-name, untested, non-DJI approved devices in conjunction with their drones...

If a $50 tablet works as well as a $300 why not if I'm going to drop and break on cheaper is better

Simply "running" the app is not necessarily the same as having processor, memory and the rest of the components to run it optimally. And when it comes to optimally, do you really want your tablet lagging trying to display the screen at the same time it's trying to communicate with the bird? I don't. You spent how much for the drone, so that you can cheap out on the accessories to use it correctly? Not to mention not being on the approved device list you leave yourself an escape route for DJI to wash their hands of any warranty.

I have an S7 Edge and it's been working fine. Has never lost connectivity or crashed.
I also use the Nexus 7 tablet, and it crashed once. Which was really scary, as my P4 was out quite a ways, the the whole tablet crashed, rebooted, and I thought the drone was gone for sure. But it came back... yay!

Andy

Simply "running" the app is not necessarily the same as having processor, memory and the rest of the components to run it optimally. And when it comes to optimally, do you really want your tablet lagging trying to display the screen at the same time it's trying to communicate with the bird? I don't. You spent how much for the drone, so that you can cheap out on the accessories to use it correctly? Not to mention not being on the approved device list you leave yourself an escape route for DJI to wash their hands of any warranty.

I agree on this one. Using primary the iPad Air2, i had to pull my older iPad mini some while back in lack of battery. The lagging was terrible, and the connection was interrupted several times during the flight. Now of course this is a 1.gen mini and quite old. Nevertheless i wouldn't thrust $50 tablet for a $1000 drone any day

I used my phone (LG G5) and also tried a couple of other android devices, but in my experience they (sadly enough) lack the stability i find in using my iPad Air 2. As much as i love Android, i do my flying using GO and Litchi by IOS.
Same here, I love my LG-G5, but to fly Phantoms I use iOS, iPad mini and AIR 2. However I don't like the iPad editor, that's a big problem for me so I don't use it for much else.

Rezo, ditch Samsung, they no longer support a replaceable battery, and the S7 catches fire, you don't want that. When you fly on airlines you can't even turn an S7 on because of the known battery flaw. Check out the LG-G5, you'll like it when you're ready.

I had the Samsung S5 also, it was a good phone. But not anymore, I'm now a big fan of LG. Their battery replacement method is twice as easy as the S5, and faster too.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.