Tablets

It's in reference to the home point. This feature works the same way whether or not the mobile device has a GPS receiver.

I'm not aware of any such glitch. The DJI GO app should display a message saying the home point could not be reset.
Back when you replied to my post I felt your point about the drone icon pointing with reference to the home point was wrong, but wanted to got out in the field to confirm which I have now. And my point about the drone icon pointing with the RC/device being the reference was correct. Standing with the drone flying right in front of you, pointing forward. The icon is also point forward, straight up. But if you turn your body/RC/device 90° to the left or right causes the icon to rotate to point to the side of your device screen to match the way the drone is facing with you as the reference point, not the home point. As the drone nor the home point have moved, just myself holding the RC/device.

Back when you replied to my post I felt your point about the drone icon pointing with reference to the home point was wrong, but wanted to got out in the field to confirm which I have now. And my point about the drone icon pointing with the RC/device being the reference was correct. Standing with the drone flying right in front of you, pointing forward. The icon is also point forward, straight up. But if you turn your body/RC/device 90° to the left or right causes the icon to rotate to point to the side of your device screen to match the way the drone is facing with you as the reference point, not the home point. As the drone nor the home point have moved, just myself holding the RC/device.
It was likely lost in translation somewhere.

The aircraft image on the radar should always point in the direction your Phantom is facing. That means the aircraft image is going to rotate if either you rotate your body or the aircraft yaws. I believe this is what you're trying to say above.

When you mount the tablet on the RC mount, do not mount it with the volume button held down by the top clamp. If you do, it will put the tablet into "Safe Mode". And in Safe Mode, you can not open any of the apps, including DJI Go. You have to power down the tablet and then power it on with the volume button held down with your finger until the screen begins to boot up, then release it. I had to go home and use my home PC to find out how to get it out of Safe Mode.

**** is that what happened to my Galaxy Tab A 7"? I was using it fine for months, then one day I decided to go out to the river to take my bird up, and it went into safe mode. I had no idea why it happened and until just now, I still had no idea. I have since upgraded to the Tab 8" with Cellular

Thanks

My Samsung Tab a has been working perfectly since I bought it. It did have that quirky connection procedure I had to go through to get it to connect. All I had to do was make sure I turned it on after the RC and drone were turned on. That was no big deal. But about a month ago I was flying my P3P in the flat open desert at a range of about 2,000 feet. Obviously I could not see it with my naked eye. I was watching the video display to navigate. In particularly, I keep a close eye on the altitude. At one point the video was displaying a large Joshua tree about 25 feet below my altitude. No worries, I'm well above it! The right stick was forward, so I know I was moving in a forward direction. Suddenly, I realized that Joshua tree had not moved out of my field of view. As I was looking at the screen, it instantly jumped to another scene at a different location. I then figured out that my Tab video had frozen and stopped on that Joshua tree a few seconds before. "Holy Crap Marie", I was flying forward blind for a few seconds. It reminded my of a VFR pilot flying in IFR conditions without a flight plan. You just can't see what's coming. If I would have been lower in altitude as I sometimes do, I could have flown into an obstacle and not even have seen it coming. I immediately gained sufficient altitude and brought the Pro back home.

I think what happened was that my Tab A video memory and RAM was not sufficient to keep up with the new DJI Go app update. Also, I had not cleaned out all the old files, and caches from previous flights. I just didn't have enough memory or processor speed in the Tab A to keep up any longer. Fortunately, my work office gave me an new Samsung Tablet model SM-T337A, which I now use for the DJI app. I flew it for the first time yesterday. It connected instantly, and with no power cycle needed to connect. No freezing or screen lag. I feel much better now!

Reactions: Solly747400

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj