Tablets

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some help getting a decent tablet for my P3S.

I know there's a website showing all the ones you can get but if prefer users recommendations. I had an iPhone 6S that I'm currently using but it's not as good.

Thanks

You can see what I recommend here. Other devices listed there that are not recommended by DJI or I are common recommendations by other Phantom pilots. That's how I created that list -- people kept recommending the same tablets.

Reactions: Billy Banana
Thanks, there's a lot of devices there so just wanted to see what people on here usually use and kind of build an idea of what I want

No worries. Now, kick back and wait for people to start rattling off devices from my list ;)

nvedia shield k1 awesome tablet

I wanted the nVidia K1 but its sold out everywhere until next month. I ended up getting a LG G Pad F 8.0 for $80 since AT&T is giving them away free right now with new accounts and everyone is selling theirs.

So far it has been great, no issues at all.

I just bought a cheap lenovo tab 3 8" from wally world and the darn thing is fricken awesome even in the sun. What a great surprise that was!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sams
I'm using the 8" Samsung Tablet A that I got at WalMart for $169.00 USD. No phone capability, but does nave GPS. I used it with my P3s, and now my new P3P. Seems to work just fine. Here is something that I learned the hard way. When you mount the tablet on the RC mount, do not mount it with the volume button held down by the top clamp. If you do, it will put the tablet into "Safe Mode". And in Safe Mode, you can not open any of the apps, including DJI Go. You have to power down the tablet and then power it on with the volume button held down with your finger until the screen begins to boot up, then release it. I had to go home and use my home PC to find out how to get it out of Safe Mode.

I'm not sure. I can only recommend tablets/phones that have been tested by DJI, me, or are commonly mentioned as working well in this forum. If you have any of the devices you're mentioning, give them a try and see how they work before buying something new.

I'm using the 8" Samsung Tablet A that I got at WalMart for $169.00 USD. No phone capability, but does nave GPS. I used it with my P3s, and now my new P3P. Seems to work just fine. Here is something that I learned the hard way. When you mount the tablet on the RC mount, do not mount it with the volume button held down by the top clamp. If you do, it will put the tablet into "Safe Mode". And in Safe Mode, you can not open any of the apps, including DJI Go. You have to power down the tablet and then power it on with the volume button held down with your finger until the screen begins to boot up, then release it. I had to go home and use my home PC to find out how to get it out of Safe Mode.
I took a razor blade and cut a notch out of the foam on holder and it now doesn't touch the volume and power button anymore

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nexus 7 (2013) here.

Reactions: Slick Wilderness
Following. Am I correct in my thinking that I only need cellular and GPS capabilities for the follow me mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Am I correct in my thinking that I only need cellular and goes capabilities for the follow me mode?
All you need is a device that has a GPS receiver. If it's an Apple device, that means it must be a cellular model.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj