Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Thanks! The s2 looks great, but a bit out of my price range. I'm hoping to stay in the $200-ish neighborhood or lower.

Cool. That, the Shield, and the 2013 Nexus 7. Leaning toward the Tab A or the Nvidia right now.

I had a Nexus 7 before the Shield. I think you'd be happy with either, but the Shield just edges it and is probably more future proof.

Reactions: SeanKerns
LG G4 with 5.1 lollipop works fantastic.

I have updated to marshmallow but I have not the opportunity to test it under flight

Well, this is screwy. I mentioned before that I had an original formula iPad Mini that was a great size, but wouldn't let me install the app... Either the app or the Mini has changed since I got the P3P in late Sept., because now it installs. I'll see how this works before I shell out for another tablet, I guess.

I have a el-cheapo tablet 10" q-pad MT-10226 that I got with case and keypad for about $60 o ebay. It also has hdmi output. It works well however, I've foud 10" to e too ig...yes, size does matter...it makes the rig too top heavy ad unbalaced. I really like the Samsung ta a 8". quite a it more expensive, unit worth it. just make sure you get one with a quad processor ad a version of android that is compatable

You're right, got a little frustrated when I got the tablet and it wouldn't let me download. So far, running OK, a little slow compared to my old tablet. Thank you, sorry I was so haste about that.

Mine runs ok, but the video is pretty copy.

After playing about with it all today, I found that if I use my magnifying headset ... like these ...
41QL3tLcINL._SY300_.jpg

... with 1.9X main lens, and also using it's it's internal flip-down set of 1.9X, 'plus' the loupe, looking through them all at a combined of 8.3X, I could get a nice, clear, wide enough FOV image, with them placed at a distance that should work in side the Quanums.

So on a whim ... I searched Amazon for "magnifying headset replacement lens" and after some fumbling about there, I found this:
Amazon.com: Donegan OptiSIGHT Replacement Lensplate: Industrial & Scientific
They look to be the same as the lens in my headset, and those will make a nice fit inside the Quanums.
Note: Diopter is not the same as Power, it seems to be about half of Power (???) according to the detail info in the ad for these on Amazon.

Anyway .... I ordered as set and hope to be able to stack them as per my little experiment ... and as per Reed L suggested above (thanks!!) to get to the sweet spot!
I'll hot glue up a frame to hold them and add the side tabs to move them back and forth ... like the Frensels in the Quanum.

Should be here next week ......
I got my #7 diopter today! How did you mount yours? Im thikig of usig a dowel so I can still use the slide feature that the fresel uses...also...should we move this discussion to one of the fpv threads...or we ca contiue to PM

I got my #7 diopter today! How did you mount yours? Im thikig of usig a dowel so I can still use the slide feature that the fresel uses...also...should we move this discussion to one of the fpv threads...or we ca contiue to PM

I haven't received mine yet.
Did the #7 work for you to get good focus?
If so was it with or without also using reading glasses?

I plan to make tabs, sorta like the Frensel lens mod video I posted shows for using the larger Fresnel lens, using hot glue ... so it can moved back and forth.

I 'think' the discussion is OK here because it ties into the HDMI output of 'some' tablets, and how that option can be used for FPV ... 'if' the tablet has that option, and having that option avoids needing to buy the DJI HDMI back for the controller, to accomplish this version of FPV.
But .... if somebody asks us to move, then I have absolutely no problem going to FPV or PM.

Okay, so I got a bonus I was not expecting, and my budget has expanded a bit. I think someone mentioned before liking the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? That one looks awfully nice. Anything else in that general price neighborhood I should check out?
Thanks,

Sean

I sold my iPad 3rd Gen and bought an iPad air 2, I was using the the iPhone 6 plus and it worked good but a little to small for my eyes, the iPad Air 2 works awesome , I can see all the information without my glasses. I got the version with cellular for the GPS

Okay, well, it wasn't that big a bonus. I need to stay under $500, and I'd like to go no more than what the S2 costs unless someone has a really compelling reason I should get something more expensive. I'm not concerned with the brilliance of the display, but I need something bigger than my iPhone 6 to see where I'm going. Seems like the 8" size is about perfect and still not too heavy.

So, I went with a Nexus 9. Has what I liked about the 7, but a little bigger, faster. We'll see.

I sold my iPad 3rd Gen and bought an iPad air 2, I was using the the iPhone 6 plus and it worked good but a little to small for my eyes, the iPad Air 2 works awesome , I can see all the information without my glasses. I got the version with cellular for the GPS
Just a smart upgrade all around. I have not experienced any problems or concerns with my setup to date. Pleased as Punch. ;-)
Just ask Judy. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I know the Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet is on the list of compatible devices, but does anyone have any real feedback on it? Is the Nvidea Shield K1 better than the Galaxy Tab A 8"? For me this tablet will be dedicated for the P3 only. Thanks...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164