Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 4 and when I go to download the dji go app from google play it says that the device is not compatible. Honestly I haven't opened the box on the phantom 3 advanced since it's a gift but I just wanted to get the apps installed so it can be used a little sooner after opening. I'm sure this is an old question but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 4 and when I go to download the dji go app from google play it says that the device is not compatible. Honestly I haven't opened the box on the phantom 3 advanced since it's a gift but I just wanted to get the apps installed so it can be used a little sooner after opening. I'm sure this is an old question but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I use a proscan 10 in. tablet which is also "not compatible". I downloaded the go app from dji on laptop and copied it to the tablet and then installed it. So it has been working great. At $88 bucks I will buy another for a spare.

Reactions: Flyer91 and Reed L
I use a proscan 10 in. tablet which is also "not compatible". I downloaded the go app from dji on laptop and copied it to the tablet and then installed it. So it has been working great. At $88 bucks I will buy another for a spare.
More ways than one to skin the Phantom:):)

More ways than one to skin the Phantom:):)
I guess it all depends on the operating system. I don't know what your device runs on. But, the Microsoft device runs on Windows (obviously). So, I was in doubt about that. I've not gotten the Phantom yet. Probably won't be until AFTER Christmas.(I'm buying it for myself). But, wanted to get the tablet first, in preparation. BTW, the GO app KILLS phone batteries. I'm sure it will do the same for tablets.

Kill it, hell. It wouldn't die. I 'force stop'-ed the app. Then, today, after watching my battery charge plummet all morning, I looked and it was running again! So, I stopped it again and then uninstalled it. I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" for Christmas. Maybe, I'll have better luck with that. I don't even have my Phantom yet. Still working on details.

You're right about the heavy battery drain, at least on Android. You've got to remember to kill the app if you're not using it.
I thought so too, but recently I ran my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 in Airplane mode, flew my P3A for about 10 minutes, the S2's battery only dropped from 100% down to 98%. Not too shabby I thought, will have to do more testing.

I thought so too, but recently I ran my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 in Airplane mode, flew my P3A for about 10 minutes, the S2's battery only dropped from 100% down to 98%. Not too shabby I thought, will have to do more testing.
I should have been clearer. What I've found is that the Go app doesn't use much battery normally, that is, when connected to the RC. I think in the special case that you start the app and it never connects to the RC, it does something that really sucks power.

I should have been clearer. What I've found is that the Go app doesn't use much battery normally, that is, when connected to the RC. I think in the special case that you start the app and it never connects to the RC, it does something that really sucks power.
I don't recall Android GO sucks a lot of battery power when I just run it to review the flights in the Flight Recorder section or viewing the cache video, even when it is not connected to RC or bird.

Tab S2 is bright enough except when full Florida sun is shining directly on the screen
Where in Florida do you live?I live in orlando and just purchased a p3 standard. Do you know of any places close by that would be especially good for flying

I also use the Proscan 10" @ $88 on Amazon ... Amazon.com: Proscan 10-Inch Tablet, Quad Core, 1 GB RAM, Built in Bluetooth and GPS, Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, Google Play Certified: Computers & Accessories.

I got the app from the google store, and it works perfectly.
Battery time is running just under 9 hours ... which really surprised me.

I'm, also using it's HDMI out, and a cheap ($10 on Amazon) HDMI to composite, self powered converter ... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...posite HDMI&qid=1449861557&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

To drive these $30 FPV goggles ... Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT)

Mod'd this way ....

My version of this kit has brightness, contrast, color, tint and etc. adjustments, and no horizontal lines that this youtube viddy speaks of.

Last edited:
Phone wise the Motorola Moto X Pure edition runs GO perfectly fine. Screen is 5.7 and clear in the sun.

with that said, Christmas list has the new NVidia shield k1 on it for size....

I'm sure glad I found this blog. You guys don't know how much I appreciate finding a place where I can find all this research and help. I've been flying quads for a while now, trying to justify the cost of the P3A to myself. I don't have one yet. But, will have sometime in the near future. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best price on the best 'all you're going to need' set up? So far, this one appears to be the best that I can find:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014FWR5ME...lid=2ZYGVCBSBMX6B&coliid=I1QR5QHBXXFVZE&psc=1

i have that hdmi converter and it actually requires power thru the usb port. they are not self-powered.

i have that hdmi converter and it actually requires power thru the usb port. they are not self-powered.

If you are responding to my post, then no USB power is needed with the $88 Proscan 10" Droid Tablet.
It's self powered in that configuration, and needs only an HDMI cable with the normal HDMI at one end and a mini for the Proscan (not micro) HDMI at the other end.

But it did not work at all with my Xoom (which has a HDMI micro plug) 'even' if I used the USB port to power it.

So, based on that, and your findings ... I'm thinking that either they are not all the same vintage/version, and/or the HDMI port on the device itself needs to be capable of powering it. (???)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4