Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I'm using a Motorola Droid Turbo and have had great results with DJI Go. One thing I noticed is phone battery drain after the flying sessions are over. It's best to force stop the DJI Go app until the next session.

Just ordered the elephone p8000 looks amazing for the specs £99
Only going to use this phone for screen recording application.

I've been using an iPad mini 3 with my P3P and am thinking about buying an OSMO. Since I only carry a cell phone when I leave town a few times a year, I've been using an ancient cheap prepaid Tracfone. When I called DJI sales on 30 Nov., I was told that the only phones and tablets that would work with the OSMO were those listed on the website.

I decided to upgrade with a new phone from Tracfone, since I had about 3200 minutes built up over time, so for $89.99 I bought an LG L21G Destiny with Android 5.0, and popped in a 32Gb microSD card. Today I installed the DJI Go app, and did a test flight with the P3P, and it worked. So I'd guess it would probably work with the OSMO as well.

For anyone not chained to a cell phone, this would be an inexpensive alternative to paying $100 a month. For $90 for the phone and $100 for a year with 1200 minutes, in less than a year I'd have an OSMO with extras paid for, and the following years would be only $100 each.

Someone was asking about the Nextbook 8, just bought it today and the initial test was fine. Took video inside and there was no glitches or fading. Going to take it for a flight soon to see how it goes. At 78.00 at Walmart it's hard to beat if it works.
It was me. Let us know! My wife is getting me a tablet for Christmas so I got to wait n see what she got. A $78 tablet ain't bad to dedicate to it though!

Hello everyone........ new the phantom 3 arena. Having said that I am a little older , and am using the iphone 6. I would like to get a bigger screen but am not sure where to start. I have been reading as much as my eyes can stand but at this point I am a bit confused as to what the cheapest decent tablet that is compatible is.

Thanks.. .also, looks like I landed in the right place.
Yes, you're in the right place. Ipad minis are popular but a lot here want to dedicate a tablet to the Phantom with no other apps on it. Just read n make your own decisions. Feel free to ask any questions. Everyone is happy to help.

Download the APK from the DJI website and side load it.
Would this work on a Nook? Lol
Hello everyone........ new the phantom 3 arena. Having said that I am a little older , and am using the iphone 6. I would like to get a bigger screen but am not sure where to start. I have been reading as much as my eyes can stand but at this point I am a bit confused as to what the cheapest decent tablet that is compatible is.

Thanks.. .also, looks like I landed in the right place.

Elephone P8000 works perfectly even with the android screen recorder. Very happy this phone cost me £99.

My Tab 4 10.1 was a Nook. Good for the first few minutes but not powerful enough, so that would cause it to overheat and freeze. Fine if i wanted to just RTH blind for every flight, then i could restart it between flights. I bought a Tab S2 9.7 32GB LTE. Octa core processor and 3 GB RAM make it a great Android choice. Some others prefer Apple but that's not for me.

Is there anyone using these two mobile for dji go??hows the performance??
1. Xiaomi Note Pro
2. Huawei Honor 7

Isn't the NO LIVE STREAMING statement a deal breaker? If so, it appears a data plan is indeed required?!?

Also....can someone explain what is meant by tethering to internet?

it will live stream to the tablet fine.

they are referring to internet live streaming from quad to tablet and then on to internet live stream

Reactions: Steve Bonnette
In addition to the devices DJI recommends (at the bottom of this page), here are other devices that people found work well with the DJI GO app:

Apple:
iPhone 5s (4 inches)
iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)
iPhone 6s (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6s Plus (5.5 inches)

iPad Air (9.7 inches)
iPad Air 2 (10 inches)
iPad Mini 2 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 3 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 4 ― (7.9 inches)
iPad Pro ― (12.9 inches)

Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS.

Android:
Acer Iconia Tab (8 inches)
Acer Iconia Tab (10.1 inches)

Google Nexus 5 (5 inches)
Google Nexus 7 [2013] (7 inches)
Google Nexus 9 (8.9 inches)
HTC One (4.7 inches)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 ― (6.8 inches)
Huawei P8 Max ― (6.8 inches)
Lenovo A3500 (7 inches)
Lenovo Tab S8-50 (8 inches)
Nubia Z7 Mini (5 inches)
Nvidia Shield (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (5.7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (5.6 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (5 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (10.1 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c ― (8.4 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A ―(8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A ―(9.7 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (12.2 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ― (8 inches)
Smartisan T1 ― (4.95 inches)

Sony Xperia Z2 (5.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z3 (5.2 inches)
Xiaomi Mi 3 ― (5 inches)
Xiaomi Mi Pad ― (7.9 inches)

Note: Tablets larger than 10 inches will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.
Just attempted to use my new RCA 10 Viking Pro (Android 5.0 Lollipop). When I tried to download the DJI app., discovered this device is not compatible. Any ideas as to why?

Too bad....this device is the perfect physical size.

Just attempted to use my new RCA 10 Viking Pro (Android 5.0 Lollipop). When I tried to download the DJI app., discovered this device is not compatible. Any ideas as to why?

Too bad....this device is the perfect physical size.
Download the apk from the DJI site and side load it.

I was just in the store, used a galaxy tab 3 lite to access the play store, pulled up the go app, and it was gonna let me install the app. I purchased the tab, get it home, and it says the the device is not compatible with this version. Any ideas?

I was just in the store, used a galaxy tab 3 lite to access the play store, pulled up the go app, and it was gonna let me install the app. I purchased the tab, get it home, and it says the the device is not compatible with this version. Any ideas?
see 2 posts above yours...

Tab 3 lite, it works! Figured out how to get Google play to update, then it changed notification, thought to restart tab, after a bunch of apps updated, tried again, and this time it let me install. Can't wait to fly on my new big screen! I'll update later.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl