Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Does anyone know if the iPad Pro wifi and cellular, with cellular not activated will have GPS capabilities? Like mentioned in the "note" at the beginning of this thread?

I use a Samsung - Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. It has worked well for me using the DJI app. I was nervous to but one but I wanted the GPS funtion without buying a cellular iOS device. I use Android already and didn't want to have only one Apple device. An Ipad Air 2 would have been the device I would used if this tablet didn't work.

I had drop out issues with a Samsung Tab4 and now have a Tab A with no issues. I suggest to dedicate the tablet to just the quad. Remove all apps possible and use app killer software prior to running DJI and/or Litchi.
Dang, I was gonna get a Tab 4...

Good to hear. I also have an S2 9.7" wifi model. Haven't used it yet (currently using the tiny screen iPhone 6). Do you use a sunshade or you already find the screen bright enough without one?

It is somewhat tolerable without a sunshade and I have ordered this one from eBay. I have my location set to GPS only and I cache maps if needed but usually I have wifi nearby.

It is somewhat tolerable without a sunshade and I have ordered this one from eBay. I have my location set to GPS only and I cache maps if needed but usually I have wifi nearby.

Ah that eBay sunshade looks exactly the same as the sunshade I already have. One thing you have to note with that sunshade, it is designed for iPad Air, so the data cable slot is cut in the middle which is not the correct position for S2. You will have to make an extra cut to the right side for S2 micro USB cable.

Although I use my Note 4 (works great), I thought about using the Tab 4. I don't want to dedicate a Tab S to just the Phantom. Anyone else use a Nextbook? One guy said it works but read the reviews and it has battery problems. So right now I will stick with the Tab 4 but look at the Tab A. Ebay don't have a sunshade for the Nextbook n I'm assuming a sunshade is great.

Sorry for going over old ground, but I have experience with an Air2 (generally recognised as the best overall solution) and now my 2013 Nexus.
When I first got my Phantom I used the 'house' iPad air2 for the first few weeks. When out in the field, I was always worried about damaging it,plus other people in the house couldn't use it when I was out. There's no denying though that it was superb. So, I decided to get a dedicated tablet and eventually plumped for the Nexus. It has been almost perfect for the past few months, only crashed when I've been pushing the range envelope a bit, nothing to do with overheating/lack of grunt etc. The screen is superbly bright, which is the single most important thing for me.
I'm running with lollipop 5.1, but I believe that Go will run on older versions too. With an Android, you've also got the advantage of Litchi, which trumps Go on nearly every level.

Thanks for the reply. Since I can get one used for about $100 I think I'll try that first.
I still have the question of, if I get an iPad mini 2 with cellular, do I have to have the celluar activated. I've read that I don't.

Thanks for the reply. Since I can get one used for about $100 I think I'll try that first.
I still have the question of, if I get an iPad mini 2 with cellular, do I have to have the celluar activated. I've read that I don't.
You won't have to have the cellular activated to use follow me (the only one that needs gps in the device as well as the bird). But if you want to load maps 'live' out in the field you would need cellular for that. More often than not I just cache maps in advance which works fine, but if I find myself in a location I hadn't planned, I just tether my phone to the nexus to load and cache maps, then switch back to airplane mode. I'm never sure whether going to airplane mode is beneficial or not, but I do it anyway.
I've only used follow me once, for me it's just a nice gimmick, but it depends what you want to film.
If you do get one though, whatever you do don't upgrade to 6.0 marshmallow, at least for now, as it is unstable with Litchi, and possibly with Go as well although I never tested that.

Reactions: Randle
Someone was asking about the Nextbook 8, just bought it today and the initial test was fine. Took video inside and there was no glitches or fading. Going to take it for a flight soon to see how it goes. At 78.00 at Walmart it's hard to beat if it works.

Someone was asking about the Nextbook 8, just bought it today and the initial test was fine. Took video inside and there was no glitches or fading. Going to take it for a flight soon to see how it goes. At 78.00 at Walmart it's hard to beat if it works.

Hello everyone........ new the phantom 3 arena. Having said that I am a little older , and am using the iphone 6. I would like to get a bigger screen but am not sure where to start. I have been reading as much as my eyes can stand but at this point I am a bit confused as to what the cheapest decent tablet that is compatible is.

Thanks.. .also, looks like I landed in the right place.

I have been reading as much as my eyes can stand but at this point I am a bit confused as to what the cheapest decent tablet that is compatible is.
Looks like the post right above yours is pretty darn reasonable. An android tablet for $100 to $125 that several have said is compatible and works great.

Welcome!

In addition to the devices DJI recommends (at the bottom of this page), here are other devices that people found work well with the DJI GO app:

Apple:
iPhone 5s (4 inches)
iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)
iPhone 6s (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6s Plus (5.5 inches)

iPad Air (9.7 inches)
iPad Air 2 (10 inches)
iPad Mini 2 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 3 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 4 ― (7.9 inches)
iPad Pro ― (12.9 inches)

Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS.

Android:
Acer Iconia Tab (8-10.1 inches)
Google Nexus 5 (5 inches)
Google Nexus 7 [2013] (7 inches)
Google Nexus 9 (8.9 inches)
HTC One (4.7 inches)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 ― (6.8 inches)
Huawei P8 Max ― (6.8 inches)
Lenovo A3500 (7 inches)
Lenovo Tab S8-50 (8 inches)
Nubia Z7 Mini (5 inches)
Nvidia Shield (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (5.7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (5.6 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (5 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c ― (8.4 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ― (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (10.1 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4-12.2 inches)
Smartisan T1 ― (4.95 inches)

Sony Xperia Z2 (5.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z3 (5.2 inches)
Xiaomi Mi 3 ― (5 inches)
Xiaomi Mi Pad ― (7.9 inches)

Note: Tablets larger than 10 inches will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.
I do not currently own any of these devices. Am I understanding this correctly.....if I purchase a cellular model, I do NOT have to subscribe to cellular service in order to have 100% operational capability of a new Phantom 3 Professional (and camera)?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj