Tablet recommendations

I guess I need to take a picture of it with the app running. It works, but you don't have to believe me. Apple I hear is a good one.
If it works go for it! I wouldnt be skeptical if I had known you had flown with it [emoji4]. And I agree with you that Apple is too expensive.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does the model of your mobile phone or tablet affects video transmission range or quality?
I have good old galaxy S3, it has few bugs with dji go app but nothing important so I use it with my P3S.

dumb question, but don't you need something with GPS to use follow me mode? Or is home based on controller location......
If I'm not mistaken, you need GPS to use follow me mode. Concerning iPad's you'll need one with cellular, as those are the only ones containing GPS as well (again, if I'm not mistaken). No need for cellular in Android tablets (provided they have a GPS sensor)

iPad mini 4 is best general use especially one with cellular connection because it can use cellular while connected to wifi with no internet. I tried many devices and went mini 4 best general size. 2nd would be air 2 if you want bigger screen but makes controller heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks everyone for there input I am grateful. After reading everyone's suggestions I decided to go and get me a iPad mini 2 got it from a guy off of craigslist for 100 bucks and looks brand new still had the protective film over everything. I downloaded my apps and linked it to my drone and all is heavenly! Soon I will be posting vids up of historical Charleston. Where the civil war begun. Thanks again. God bless! Ron

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
If it works go for it! I wouldnt be skeptical if I had known you had flown with it [emoji4]. And I agree with you that Apple is too expensive.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
I hooked it up with the drone last night and took a picture, but I think its the worst picture I ever took. I should have turned all the lights on in the motorhome, cause it looked like a ufo photo with the tablet light, the lights from the drone, and the lights from the rc. I'll take one in the daylight, maybe fly the drone down close and spin it around and take a shot of the tablet and rc.

This is the website I used to determine if I should get the Mini 4 or Air 2, Screen brightness and low reflectance were the key factors i used in making my determination.

iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

This is a quote from that page about the iPad Mini 4:
"iPad mini 4

."

I was contemplating an ipad anyway, as my wife loves hers, so i took the plunge and got myself an ipad mini four based on this and other recommendations

Fantastic unit for the dji go app, bright and clear and large enough for my old eyes. usable even in bright sunlight, though a shade makes it perfect. As a bonus, I can now use my phone as a phone and free up a bunch of memory on it.
Yes it is expensive but, I expect to still have a great tablet long after the Phantom or I have moved on.

Highly recommended.

Cheers

Reactions: Sinisalo
I don't believe this has GPS, at least I couldn't find it in the specs.
Just so everyone knows, Bestbuy is having a sale on wifi only ipads, the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 wifi only are $100 off until Saturday. You can easily cache maps before you leave home or tether your phone to the ipad for data. I haven't even used the follow me option yet so I don't think it is worth paying $225 more for a GPS enabled iPad

I posted a few days ago about my kindle fire, the hack I did to get google play, and how well its working. It was only 49$ on amazon, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I hesitate to recommend it though, due to the fact that you have to hack it and install google play on it. It was fine for me, I have time to waste on that kind of thing. But for some of you, it may not be the easiest choice.
I bricked my fire trying to load android. No great loss. It was gathering dust anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20