Tablet for P3

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my first entry into the forum, although I have been browsing lots of the threads. My P3P is home, however I am still bobbing about at sea waiting to get home to it.
I had ordered a tablet preemptively, but am now worrying as I'm not sure it is fit for purpose, Does a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 have the necessary spec for the task??
My Vulcan Mantis was so much simpler, all these updates of controllers and batteries sounds terrifying to be quite frank. haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Sinclair
Phew, thanks man, it's frustrating as hell out here reading everything, but unable to check Youtube, (restricted on my vessel). So I have read the manual several times, and just browsed the forum. Like I say, the Wookong M on my Mantis was more straightforward than this, but the thing was huge. Needed more portability.

I purchased a galaxy tab 4 7" because my Asus 10" wouldn't fit in the cradle.

The galaxy tablet has been awesome for me. Great screen contrast during sunny days and all my other devices are android/Samsung so everything in my gear bag pretty much cooperates with each other.

Reactions: Chris Sinclair
Ellipsis 8 from Verizon
I had 2 tablets and both with the 4.4.2 and both would just crash the app. So I was pretty happy tonight as we needed to upgrade our phones and the sales guy talked me into adding this tablet to my plan for an extra $2 per month. I can tell you it works great with the DJI pilot app!!! Really happy and fast streaming. Also it has always on internet so the maps will load when I have a good signal standing out in a field. I am new to the forum so if we are making a list add this one because it is light and works great.

I have a Verizon Wireless QMV7B Ellipsis 7 inch HD 4G LTE Android WiFi Tablet.(ver. 4.4.2) The software downloaded and looks to work fine but still waiting for my P3A to arrive to test it out on. Does anyone else have this tablet? Problems? I do know it is reflective and like a **** mirror outside so I'm working on a Light shield for it.

I do know it is reflective and like a **** mirror outside so I'm working on a Light shield for it.
This is a problem most devices. Some are worse than others. Sun shades help, but they don't eliminate the problem. The best fix is to stand in a shaded area (if possible).

I have a Verizon Wireless QMV7B Ellipsis 7 inch HD 4G LTE Android WiFi Tablet.(ver. 4.4.2) The software downloaded and looks to work fine but still waiting for my P3A to arrive to test it out on. Does anyone else have this tablet? Problems? I do know it is reflective and like a **** mirror outside so I'm working on a Light shield for it.

I had that one from Verizon and the pilot app just crashes all the time. Others have said that other tablets are crashing also using the pilot app. So this weekend I went and upgraded to the Sony Xperia Z2 that is all part of Verizon. $500 tablet that added about $35 per month to my bill. Its working much better and it is larger. Just fits into the controller. App is way faster.
Hope this helps. Rob

Thanks Ill keep that in mind once I get everything together and start flying. If lag is a issue then maybe upgrading....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic