Tablet and its attachment to the Controller

Reaction score
Greetings.

Based on all I've read so far, I'm slowly leaning to modding my controller with the inspire metal mount (involves drilling the controller shell) and using an iPad Mini 2 (32GB - WIFI only), as I do not intend on using the follow-me feature - I've read it's too 'flaky' for now.

Any thoughts about the above proposal/plan? I'm reluctant to drill the controller shell, but from what I've rread, it seems the inspire mount is the best option.

5fa4c2d406f653493d15256920f93b9a.jpg

Hi,
Have these in flea bay, I received mine but there was a part missing, waiting on delivery, seems ok though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Greetings.

Based on all I've read so far, I'm slowly leaning to modding my controller with the inspire metal mount (involves drilling the controller shell) and using an iPad Mini 2 (32GB - WIFI only), as I do not intend on using the follow-me feature - I've read it's too 'flaky' for now.

Any thoughts about the above proposal/plan? I'm reluctant to drill the controller shell, but from what I've rread, it seems the inspire mount is the best option.

I'd recommend the inspire mount kit. Device mount is fully adjustable and steady. I use a iPad mini 2 also with no issues. As for drilling the case, it's easy. Just take your time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can find some other mounting options here.

Last edited:
Fixed :)

I have a phantom3 standard and want to use my ipad2.do I have to link a cable from my phone to tablet.when I tried using the tablet by itself it kept disconnecting from the phantom to my household internet. Also when I take off in flight the video freezes to the last picture it had when taking off and also when I was using the gimbal and reviewing the video it had a rolling look,something like watching a video tape on a vcr.if anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers