Tablet Advice

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased a Phantom 3 Professional.
I have an old ipad but the DJI Go won't install, says not supported. I normally go android any way. What is a low cost, good tablet, used is fine, to look for these days. Loads on the DJI website but I like recommendations

Cheers!

Hi ya,

Yeah I went through but wasn't sure what was good for Phantom 3 that wasn't apple and was a tablet

Yes, mine is 16GB though. I would think that as long as it will be dedicated to just your P3P it’ll be fine. Maybe message the seller to ask how much RAM it has. Or google it.

Look for a used NVIDIA K1 Shield. Plenty of fire power (it was built for gamers) and decent screen in daylight. Bonus: the K1 has HDMI output which will accept goggles. Or MediaPad M5 Android Gray Tablet 8.4"

I use an Nvidia Shield K1,,, no issues at all, tablet-wise. Beware they have magnets in the back panel, so keep a distance when calibrating compass. Never caused me any probs, but never had to calibrate the p3p all the time I've had it!

Yep, that's the one. Good price too as long as it's all singing all dancing, everything works.

The NVIDIA Shield that has been mentioned always gets the thumbs up as a good choice. Has lots of grunt.

I have been flying for the past 4 years using the Asus Nexus 7 (16Gb). I got mine second hand at a very reasonable price (about £50). I would highly recommend getting a 32Gb rather than a 16Gb because only a few Gb are available for programme data. As a bonus this tablet is a perfect fit in the P4 foam case front slot.

Whatever tablet you end up getting the first thing to do is to fit a good quality anti-reflection film over the screen. Several German manufacturers produce excellent protective anti-reflection film which have a semi-matt surface. The screen will then be usable in sunshine.

All the best, Martin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik