Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

I think so, maybe the russians are telling that if you update to the 1.5.40 and try to downgrade, you will continue to have the problem, i can't test it but maybe you can, if you have already 1.5.40 already installed.

I think so, maybe the russians are telling that if you update to the 1.5.40 and try to downgrade, you will continue to have the problem, i can't test it but maybe you can, if you have already 1.5.40 already installed.

Yes, I’ve the 1.5.40
I’ve just opened a new topic for asking help to my problem.
I think I will try a downgrade as soon as i can, just need to find some free time [emoji3]
If i’ll do i’ll let you know the result.
Thank

Yes, I’ve the 1.5.40
I’ve just opened a new topic for asking help to my problem.
I think I will try a downgrade as soon as i can, just need to find some free time [emoji3]
If i’ll do i’ll let you know the result.
Thank

ok, just keep us updated for news :)

I’m having problem with reaching distance as far as 200meters and i’ve read that someone had this problem with that FW.
Image transmission get a lag After 100meters and sa far as 150/200 app say “signal lost”, aircraft disconnected and start RTH

I don‘ really know what to do and i’m demoralizing.
I’m not expert and i can’t understand what is the problem of my P3SE and what to do.

But i don’t want to pollute this topic with my problems; i think i’ll open a new topic for asking help.

Thank
If you use android I propose you to try DJI Go app version 3.1.18 linked in the first post. That is what you are looking for.

Reactions: chatikib
In the 9th post you have proof of the correct operation of Phantom3SE and I also checked it. I have no problems with coverage because I have already flown above 2 km. My problem is more in the application or on my phone.
I will install applications on a new phone and see if the application's freezing problem continues.

I bought P3SE on november 2017 with 1.5.40 firmware already installed.
I use Android Dji Go 3.1.18 FCC modded (thanks for sharing this solution) and I have no problems with the distance...I am constantly flying over 2km.
I suspect the occasional lag and freeze of the image is mainly due to wireless connection between RC and the Android device (devices used: LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge).
Probably using a mainstream or low-entry phone or tablet will amplify the lag or freeze problems ... for example when using Samsung Galaxy Tab E T561 lag problems occur more frequently.
From my experience Dji Go 3.1.18 modded is more reliable and stable than 3.1.8...and it is the simpliest solution...
I also use Litchi on Iphone SE with IOS 11.2.5 (latest firmware)...no problems for now...

If you use android I propose you to try DJI Go app version 3.1.18 linked in the first post. That is what you are looking for.

I only have IOS devices but I can ask a friend to use his Samsung and download the 3.1.18.

As soon as I can I’ll try also this solution.

I’m only wonder how an App or a different firmware of the same app or also a different phone could affect the flight distance...I really couldn’t understand this...

RC and bird are always the same and they communicate regardless of the phone, i think...

Thanks
Vale

I bought P3SE on november 2017 with 1.5.40 firmware already installed.
I use Android Dji Go 3.1.18 FCC modded (thanks for sharing this solution) and I have no problems with the distance...I am constantly flying over 2km.

This could be a good sign or it could mean that the problem of my drone does not depend on the FW but maybe from antennas or other hardware and i don’t know from where start looking at [emoji29]

This could be a good sign or it could mean that the problem of my drone does not depend on the FW but maybe from antennas or other hardware and i don’t know from where start looking at [emoji29]
In order to fly in FCC mode with Litchi you need to make this change (CE to FCC) using an Android device.
So read carefully the first post of the thread ... download Dji Go 3.1.18 modded app, ask a friend to let you install this app on his android device, start one time your P3SE with android modded Dji Go 3.1.18 (this will change CE to FCC mode) ... after that you can use your drone with IOS device only with LITCHI app or DJI GO 3.1.8 (if you find an old version) ... never use it with DJI GO above 3.1.8 or it will automatically switch your mode to CE again...
I expect that after entering FCC mode your problems will disappear for the most part...
Good luck!

I only have IOS devices but I can ask a friend to use his Samsung and download the 3.1.18.

As soon as I can I’ll try also this solution.

I’m only wonder how an App or a different firmware of the same app or also a different phone could affect the flight distance...I really couldn’t understand this...

RC and bird are always the same and they communicate regardless of the phone, i think...

Thanks
Vale
In my country we have the expression: "Do not try to reinvent a wheel".

First try to fly with DJI GO 3.1.18 FCC and then you will understand that another antenna is unnecessary.

In order to fly in FCC mode with Litchi you need to make this change (CE to FCC) using an Android device.
So read carefully the first post of the thread ... download Dji Go 3.1.18 modded app, ask a friend to let you install this app on his android device, start one time your P3SE with android modded Dji Go 3.1.18 (this will change CE to FCC mode) ... after that you can use your drone with IOS device only with LITCHI app or DJI GO 3.1.8 (if you find an old version) ... never use it with DJI GO above 3.1.8 or it will automatically switch your mode to CE again...
I expect that after entering FCC mode your problems will disappear for the most part...
Good luck!
Old versions of the DJI Go apps for iOS are here: DJI Go 3 (For products before P4) iPad / iPhone apps

Thanks
Vale
The key is the radio signal emission level, which is different in CE mode and FCC mode. And the mode is controlled by the app. The modded 3.1.18 version app forces your remote and drone to switch to FCC mode.

The key is the radio signal emission level, which is different in CE mode and FCC mode. And the mode is controlled by the app. The modded 3.1.18 version app forces your remote and drone to switch to FCC mode.

Thanks!
That’s the point I couldn’t understand.
I though that the signal level was always the same and that the limit of 500m was only managed with “software”....something like “the bird fly to 500m than automatic won’t go far anymore”.

Now I only have to do the change following the instructions.
Thanks guys for help, I’ll let you know as soon as possible (I have 2 children so time is never enough [emoji23] )

Thanks!
That’s the point I couldn’t understand.
I though that the signal level was always the same and that the limit of 500m was only managed with “software”....something like “the bird fly to 500m than automatic won’t go far anymore”.

Now I only have to do the change following the instructions.
Thanks guys for help, I’ll let you know as soon as possible (I have 2 children so time is never enough [emoji23] )
There is no software limitation for distance - if you do not setup one. But 500 meters limitation exist for a maximum flight hight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vale
Old versions of the DJI Go apps for iOS are here: DJI Go 3 (For products before P4) iPad / iPhone apps

Sorry....maybe a stupid question...
Do i need a jailbreaked iPhone to download those files?
I tried to go to the link but click on a link it only open a page and don’t make me do anything.
Am i doing some errors?

Here 2 screenshots:

50e74f35d8e1754c26d604b7a2620ec3.jpg

ANTEPRIMA NON DISPONIBILE means only that there is not a preview available.

And in the second, you can see that he say that I can not download as I’m a viewer (and m italian: I visualizzatori non possono scaricare)

69842ed8b7486ae19b3538605979aba7.jpg

Can you please help me?
Thanks!

Sorry....maybe a stupid question...
Do i need a jailbreaked iPhone to download those files?
I tried to go to the link but click on a link it only open a page and don’t make me do anything.
Am i doing some errors?

Here 2 screenshots:

50e74f35d8e1754c26d604b7a2620ec3.jpg

ANTEPRIMA NON DISPONIBILE means only that there is not a preview available.

And in the second, you can see that he say that I can not download as I’m a viewer (and m italian: I visualizzatori non possono scaricare)

69842ed8b7486ae19b3538605979aba7.jpg

Can you please help me?
Thanks!
I understand what you mean but your way is not possible. You have to download the .ipa files with a regular PC/laptop and install the files with i-Funbox. Only apps that you download from iTunes can be installed directly.

Reactions: Vale
I understand what you mean but your way is not possible. You have to download the .ipa files with a regular PC/laptop and install the files with i-Funbox. Only apps that you download from iTunes can be installed directly.

Ok that’s the error [emoji3]
I’ll download it with a PC, no problem!
Hope to do this today!
I’ll let you know!
Thanks

Is it necessary to clear the cache on the folder if it has previously used the latest version of dji go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak