Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

When I installed the ifunbox I have this message that appears and I'll connect it does not work what to do

Attachments

• 2A3AD48B-E9A9-456B-9590-4327531BF25F.png
    2A3AD48B-E9A9-456B-9590-4327531BF25F.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 455
When I installed the ifunbox I have this message that appears and I'll connect it does not work what to do

You have to login with the same AppleID as on your iPhone 6s.

But... If it is not possible, then I think you have buy also Litchi. The app is then locked with my AppleID.

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while guys!
I have a couple info that may be usefull.

First is about 1.5.40 firmware:
I am actually flying with 3.1.8 app installed on my Huawei M3 tab and it works just great but when I first checked it, first time sfter getting back in fcc mode and still had latest firmware, I experienced laggy fpv all the time!
I don't remember any freeze at the time, but sure it was very laggy even if the range was good!
Never experienced this since I downgraded firmware to 3.1.40

Second is about IOS app:
I know from friends here in Italy flying their SE with IOS that the latest app ALWAYS switch to ce mode, no matter what you do.
I'm talking about people that never had problems since the "fake gps trick" was known and always had their SE in FCC mode using ios and 3.1.23, even 3.1.24 as far as I can remember, app version on they mobiles, but sinc ehte 3.1.26, if I remember correctly, something changed and the AC switched to CE

Last thing is about Old firmwares:
I have no longer been able to switch from 2,4 to 5 Ghz since 1.5.40 firmware update so I tried downgrading to the older firmware I found, I think it was 1.01.something, and I believe it was the first one, but nothing changed and I still have the same issue.
It's not a big problem in fcc mode and then I'm using 3.1.8 app than only use 2.4Ghz, but I tell this just to let you know that whatever the 1.5.40 firmware does it seems to be unreversable.

Hope this can be of help! ;)

Thanx to PhantomFlyer3SE for keeping us updated!! :)

Andy, didn’t you try v3.1.18?

But... If it is not possible, then I think you have buy also Litchi. The app is then locked with my AppleID.

I think you’re right because it’s the same error that I have.

But not a big problem,
I’ll download Litchi and try if the modded 3.1.18 that I’ve used with Android had successfully switch the AC to FCC.

Yes I bought the litchi application what do I do now why it doesn't work I have to help uninstall Litchi ?

My P3SE has successfully switch to FCC!
The mod worked perfectly and today I’ve used Litchi for the first time and fly 800 meters far from me!

Is a good result instead the 200/300 meters that I reached till yesterday.

At 800m I’ve lost connection and aircraft start return to home.
I thank that this happened because it was working with the uplink at 2.4 ghz.
As the manual say, the distance in FCC and 2.4ghz is usually 1000m and became 4000m with 5.8ghz.

ca8f886c41f11546607c721e185634ac.jpg

Anybody know if it’s possible to select the 5.8ghz for the uplink?

I’ll have a few question about Litchi but i want first use it a bit more to try it good.

I absolutely have to thank @PhantomFlyer3SE and @chatikib for sharing their information and for the help they give me when i did not understand how to to de mod.
Thanks guys!

Reactions: chatikib
The mod worked perfectly and today I’ve used Litchi for the first time and fly 800 meters far from me!

As the manual say, the distance in FCC and 2.4ghz is usually 1000m and became 4000m with 5.8ghz.

ca8f886c41f11546607c721e185634ac.jpg

I’ll have a few question about Litchi but i want first use it a bit more to try it good.

I absolutely have to thank @PhantomFlyer3SE and @chatikib for sharing their information and for the help they give me when i did not understand how to to de mod.
Thanks guys!
That is good news! It isn't possible with Litchi to change your frequency. But Litchi is still a good choice.

I advise you to fly the drone again in an open area at a height between 85 and 120 meters. And keep your remote fixed to the bird. You will then notice that you can fly a longer distance.

When you have more questions, then let it know.

Reactions: Vale and dav2a

Thanks guys!
I was able to reach 3000 meters with 2,4 GHz.
But if you want to switch to 5 GHz you can use GJI Go App. If you have android, you can use the 3.1.18 modded version, or if you doesnt have droid you can use the latest version of DJI Go on your IOS device.
But if you do this with IOS, it is important, that the app doesn't get location information. Do it indoor, where are no GPS signal, disable your SIM card, and connect wifi to controller before you start DJI app. If you do so, you will stay in FCC mode.

If you want to use old iOS apps (eg 3.1.8 for Apple), you must download them by yourself. Because your account-information is stored in the app. Or you can use someone else's apps, but then you have to jailbreak your iphone / ipad.

This is a short video how you can download old iOS-apps by yourself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you want to use old iOS apps (eg 3.1.8 for Apple), you must download them by yourself. Because your account-information is stored in the app. Or you can use someone else's apps, but then you have to jailbreak your iphone / ipad.

This is a short video how you can download old iOS-apps by yourself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

iTunes no longer holds apps.

I can not make it work.
The version of Charles used in the video is no longer available and the mask is different.
Also trying to install a previous version of itunes (the "current" is not good) gives me errors on the library and therefore does not open.

For now I continue with Litchi ... we'll see

Thanks guys!

I've been flying my SE beyond 2000m with 2.4ghz, so frequency is not the problem!
Most likely you are flying in a place with interfering signals or you are doing something less correctly, like not having your controller pointing to the quad oer havnig obstacles (trees, hills) between you and the ac!
BTW if you have android you might find it impossibile to switch to 5Ghz, I can't since I stupidly updated to firmware 1.5.40, but it seems it is no longer a problem with fcc mode!

Reactions: Vale

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers