Suspend the scolding for a moment...

So, maybe it will be better if we just Squawk like a airplane, with our N number showing up beside our blip on the screen? Then they could just look up who that person was and pay them a visit.
I understand your point. But personally, I would be all in favor of that (of course, if it doesn't overwhelm ATC or Approach).

It looks like in my neck of the woods (North of San Francisco) there are quite a few areas where drones are unwelcome. Hopefully if there are more ways to track (and keep people flying responsibly) then more areas will open up to us??? (I can always hope, can't I???)

I understand your point. But personally, I would be all in favor of that (of course, if it doesn't overwhelm ATC or Approach).

It looks like in my neck of the woods (North of San Francisco) there are quite a few areas where drones are unwelcome. Hopefully if there are more ways to track (and keep people flying responsibly) then more areas will open up to us??? (I can always hope, can't I???)
Thanks for understanding, there is hope. I have flown with N numbers for years, but this should just be fun.

Reactions: Just Mark
Dirtybird was a great contributor to this forum for a while, but got sick of all the people on this forum who think they are the "drone-police" so he's not too active anymore, but he probably still lurks around from time to time i suspect....... he's quite a Litchi master, all his work is simply fantastic.... Salute to Dirtybird!!

Dirty Bird is still active on other forums and we do keep in contact, he likes my high altitude flying where I live that send the drone police into spasms about my drone flying at 10,000 - 14,000 feet altitudes.

Am I the only one who DOESN'T like seeing the leading drone in the video? I would rather just watch footage of the cityscape without the green blinking lights being a distraction.

I don't know... maybe I am too old and am just missing the point???
Dirty does have a single mission video of the same route. Just check his YT channel.

Downtown Chicago and San Francisco are good candidates for a Dirty Bird night time mission with Litchi. Can you imagine flying Golden Gate bridge?

Great, more adoration for illegal action, just what we need. I ju st got into this, hope it lasts for a few more years. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl