First time making a Phantom footage montage

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not 100% sure if this is the best place to post this, but I guess so

I just edited my Phantom 3 Advanced footage into one single video for the very first time, using different styles of color grading and recording/flying techniques to get the most cinematic feel. I am very satisfied with the results, but I have a feeling that it's still not good enough and that there's something wrong. Which is why I am asking for advice from you guys who are probably way more experienced. So I hope to get some advice on eg. flying techniques, recommended LUTs and such.
I edited this on Adobe Premiere. I think it's the color grading that might be the thing that needs more tweaking, but I am not sure what I should tone down on. Jittery movement of the camera can't be done much about and after all it was my first time to try and fly in a more cinematic way :D

I also feel like the footage is kinda unclear and not so sharp, as if it was shot on a lower res camera than 2.7K. Although I am using the suggested Style settings of -2 sharpness, -3 contrast and -2 saturation and D-Log color. Is it normal that it's not that sharp?

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Jittery appearance (most noticeable when flying close to objects) is a shutter speed issue. 1/60 or slower, achieved with ND filters (I like the PolarPro 16/32/64 set). The muddiness noticeable in the trees especially, I wonder about myself. My guess is, it's the video compression trying to keep up with the movement. I notice the same thing and it's really bugging me.

I think that it is a realy nice video. yes if we go nit picking then there are a lot of errors but overall it is a nice video

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj