sun shade for ipad and iphone 7 plus with large cases?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an ipad air 2 with an otterbox case and an iphone 7 plus with an otterbox case; both defender type cases. I stuggle to find a good sunshade that will hold the device and case. Can you recommend something? thank you.

I'm designing an inexpensive sunshade for an iPad Mini 2. A piece of .040 aluminum backs up the iPad, mounting the assembly to the RC unit. Since aluminum is non-magnetic I forsee no compass problems, but what about any effect/interference on the unit's antenna/signal strength to my airborne P-4 drone? If feedback is positive I will post photos and share with any who may be interested once the project is finalized and mounted. Thanks in advance.

I'm designing an inexpensive sunshade for an iPad Mini 2. A piece of .040 aluminum backs up the iPad, mounting the assembly to the RC unit. Since aluminum is non-magnetic I forsee no compass problems, but what about any effect/interference on the unit's antenna/signal strength to my airborne P-4 drone? If feedback is positive I will post photos and share with any who may be interested once the project is finalized and mounted. Thanks in advance.
I would be interested in see that!

Here is my home fab sun shade

Sing a long while you build...
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ 5 dolla, 5 dolla sun shade ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Any, Any, Mini ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

$5 Sun Shade - RC Groups

The post in the link is from Sept 2015. I have been using this shade every time I fly (pretty often) since I built it. Looks good as new

Reactions: anotherlab
Here is my home fab sun shade

Sing a long while you build...
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Any, Any, Mini ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

$5 Sun Shade - RC Groups

The post in the link is from Sept 2015. I have been using this shade every time I fly (pretty often) since I built it. Looks good as new
well done!

Reactions: FunN4lo
I just got the hoodman for the ipad2.First flight today worked very well.

I just got the hoodman for the ipad2.First flight today worked very well.
I flew today with the Hoodman and an iPad mini 4. Takes just a bit longer to attach and get set up than the DJI Monitor Hood, but provides much better contrast. I didn't use the Hoodman extension, just the lower portion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.