Suddenly no FPV-video in monitor from AVL58, H3-3D, Hero 3+, P2

Reaction score
I mounted a H3-3D with gopro, iOSD Mini, AVL58, everything was working fine! I got good picture quality with OSD on my monitor. Then suddenly the there was no longer a video feed when I tried filming. The GoPro is still shooting but I cannot get FPV. I have not been rewiring anything, and both the RX and TX is flashing like before looking like they are functioning.

The GoPro is on and the monitor is working fine with other video sources. Also checked the gopro cable connection and it is charging looking ok.

Have tried all the channels several times with no result. What else could have happened? Could moist have damaged something? I don't know, please help!

First go into the monitor and make such it's in band E and set it CH 1 and do nothing else to the RX.
Next make sure you have an antenna on the TX then put a battery in your P 2 and power it up then turn it over so you have access to the TX. On the TX there is a hole marked Sch is used to select a channel to match up with your BP RX. Here's a link to the AVL58 TX manual if you need it. I suggest you read this manual as the channels use a light sequence.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/5.8G_VideoLink_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Also make sure both your monitor and GoPro are on either PAL or NTSC.

One other question are you using a wiring hub to connect everything up under the P2? if so take a photo of it and post it.

Thank you for your answer! I will try all this tomorrow and see if it works, I found a potential fault in an exposed cable..

e15d4ab65614ab8c907588dec4ce68b8.jpg

This is the hub. I have tried all channels and I see a flickering when switching channels on my RX so I assume that is working. And both gopro and monitor is on PAL.

Also tried to switch the hub from OSD to Vid but with no luck. According to the AVL58 manual troubleshooting there should be problem with video input. I followed the cables for the video but found no problem with the soldering there.. The power supply for the AVL58 TX is OK, even though the cable looked hurt.

Was there some fuse or something on the hub?

Could the gopro cable connecting it to the gimbal be broken even if it is charging the gopro? Is it common?

I now checked the video signal right before the TX and the only possibility I know now is that the TX is burned. But I also wait for support from the reseller!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31