Stuck on ATTI....?

I hate when the thread ends in "sent it back to DJI" I repair drones here in Orlando and none are in warranty so I have to fix them.
I had a customer using a "multi-spectral" camera and when the drone went out of GPS mode into Atti mode it messed up his mapping run.
We think this is due to a weak GPS module, I'm only showing 6 satellites. usually I get around twelve.
I'll post if changing the GPS module fixes it. ( was searching online because I wondered if recent NFZ updates were causing gps issues)

Yes it is that simple. Just as I am sure you are doing, turn everything on, starts by initializing the imu, then it will connect to gps sats, then it will show green at the top of the screen with an indication it's in gps mode. As you toggle the switch on the top of the controller, so should the same point on the screen change to reflect the mode changes.

It really is as easy as you think.

Maybe you got a bum unit.
I have the same P4PP, only Obsedian version (dark gray, instead of white). I am having the same problem. The Mode switch is stuck on Atti (in MC screen) and won't change no matter what. I tried everything. I've had the craft for well over 3 - 4 years. It used to be on P mode, and I one day decided to change it, just to have a feel for other modes. And now it is stuck, no matter what. If you guys have found any new work around, please share. I can still fly, it is just annoying not to be able to change it.

I've been a member, ever since I had my P4PP. It's just that I don't fly very often. As I found tighter rules and regulations, and pilots' encounters with hard headed drone haters around, I kind of chose to stay out of trouble and not go through the trouble. As it is getting speeding tickets on roads is more than enough for me. So... but, I was surfing and looking around, I came across this conversation, and I remembersed last time I looked, I had the same problem. The Flight Mode switch in MC Screen won't change to anything. It is stuck on Atti. Last time I flew was couple years ago in Florida in Orange Spring State park around the swamp. And at one point, because one of the propeller wasn't attached properly, the drone just hopped in shallow water. My daughter was cave diving there and she retrieved it. I sent it to DJI for repairs and after $750+ it was back in business. Now, I was planning on going out on camping trip and thought to check my "Medusa" to make sure everything was okay. And I found this. Let's see if this can be fixed...
About activating Multi Flight Mode. I don't see that option on my MC screen. Instead there is an option to turn on or off Intellegent Flight Modes. Which is ON in my case. But this can't have anything to do with Flight modes in question, P, S and A that is. My Firmware is up to date.

Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna