Strong Interference Detected: Risky?

Reaction score
We've all seen the warning at some point. My question, what happens if this warning causes loss of contact? I would assume that the RTH would kick in, but wonder if the "strong interference" would alter its course and/or cause a fly away.

Have any of you experienced this first hand to the point where the interference caused a loss of contact? If so, what happened?

We've all seen the warning at some point. My question, what happens if this warning causes loss of contact? I would assume that the RTH would kick in, but wonder if the "strong interference" would alter its course and/or cause a fly away.
Have any of you experienced this first hand to the point where the interference caused a loss of contact? If so, what happened?
I've had to fly at a couple of places in urban environments where I got that warning at the start because of things close to the home point.
But when I flew away up into clean air the warning goes away.
Interference may make your screen video break up a little or cause pauses in the controls but it's never going to make your Phantom fly away or affect flight.
If you lose signal completely RTH would initiate but you are more likely to just have glitchy control and video while the warning is present.

Reactions: sajindra

I've had it cause loss of contact yesterday. Fortunately, RTH kicked in and saved my butt.
Also, I have NEVER flown from ANYWHERE without the message continually flashing on my screen (and distracting the poop out of me). I must have a problem with my kit (that I should have checked out before something drastic happens).
By the way, yesterday was the first time it ever caused a loss of contact.

Wondering what RF band the Strong Interference error is for? 2.4 or 5.7?

I typically only get this warning when flying my P3 4K in congested areas. I don't ever see it with my P3A. That said, it's almost certainly related to the Wifi interference that is seen in dense urban areas.

If the "Strong Interference" warning is showing assuming it is the 2.4ghz WiFi band that is causing the interference the control of the aircraft should be stable because it is in the 5.7ghz band. So should you loose all of your FPV and its telemetry we should be able to initiate a manual RTH with the transmitter. ???????

If the "Strong Interference" warning is showing assuming it is the 2.4ghz WiFi band that is causing the interference the control of the aircraft should be stable because it is in the 5.7ghz band. So should you loose all of your FPV and its telemetry we should be able to initiate a manual RTH with the transmitter. ???????
Yes,

To all a reminder, what fools people is they loose all signals from the Phantom. They think it will RTH, but nothing happens because the Phantom is still receiving the remote.

Rod

Reactions: mike357
Yes,

To all a reminder, what fools people is they loose all signals from the Phantom. They think it will RTH, but nothing happens because the Phantom is still receiving the remote.

Rod

I can see a problem here! If RTH was initiated and it was on its way and picks control signal back up will it continue home? If it does continue and you get antsy and push the RTH will it stop where it is or land at that point?
Sorry I'm still pretty new at this point and I like to over think s___t.
Joe

RTH will continue until you deliberately cancel it using one of the functions from the controller. Doesn't matter if it senses the control signal or not.

Reactions: RodPad
"If RTH was initiated and it was on its way and picks control signal back up will it continue home?" Yes.

"If it does continue and you get antsy and push the RTH will it stop where it is or land at that point? Stop and respond to the remote control.

If your reconnected, you should keep getting alerts of what your status, that RTH is active. But if your not getting signal back and to the app, you wouldn't know.

You also have your status light on your remote, Green / Red. If the remote is green the remote sees the Phantom.

If your completely unsure of what is happening. Turn of the remote, but be ready to turn it on just in case it thinks the home point is in your tree 10' from where you took off.

Rod

"If RTH was initiated and it was on its way and picks control signal back up will it continue home?" Yes.

"If it does continue and you get antsy and push the RTH will it stop where it is or land at that point? Stop and respond to the remote control.

If your reconnected, you should keep getting alerts of what your status, that RTH is active. But if your not getting signal back and to the app, you wouldn't know.

You also have your status light on your remote, Green / Red. If the remote is green the remote sees the Phantom.

If your completely unsure of what is happening. Turn of the remote, but be ready to turn it on just in case it thinks the home point is in your tree 10' from where you took off.

Rod

Thanks Rod, that was what I was seeing in my head just wanted to make sure. Actually until I get to feeling really safe I should be in position to see physically and not strictly rely on the screen.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor