STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Reactions: skyeboysteve
I had one that had white, green and red LEDs on one unit--that flashed at separate times that I used for the top of my drone. However, they weren't as bright as the others--and the red light stopped working. So I'm wanting to replace it with one like the others I use--with FOUR white LEDs per unit. Does anyone know what happened to that version; or is the Cree just not pictured correctly? I thought for sure I had crees; but the pictures I see are showing only one LED.
The one you want is the Firehouse Technology ARC II it looks like the one on the right:

Ah yes... you're right! Ugh--I'm losing my memory... I have ordered Cree's from you before--forgot that I had got the ones I described from them on Amazon....

Thanks for jogging my memory!
There are so many strobes out there right now, here is my list of good ones, there are a bunch of knock-off strobes out there that you can get super cheap from China, don't bother they use cheap LED's that aren't even half as bright as these listed below. I've done comparisons using a Variable ND filter on all of these running together, it appears they all must use an identical LED except the Flytron Standalone is ever so slightly less bright compared to the others. The ARC II is the the brightest because of using 4 of the CREE LED's, I flew out over a mile after dark and was able to easily maintain VLOS.

I know this is an old thread, but thinking of getting some Cree’s. Probably the Dual’s for my P4P v2.
I would think that having them on the front landing gear could cause issues with the camera. And having one (color) on each rear leg and maybe a white on top could be a good idea.
But- happy to hear other’s ideas of best way to do this.
Thoughts?
Definitely concerned about flare into lens.

I know this is an old thread, but thinking of getting some Cree’s. Probably the Dual’s for my P4P v2.
I would think that having them on the front landing gear could cause issues with the camera. And having one (color) on each rear leg and maybe a white on top could be a good idea.
Thoughts?
rear is best. Lemme know if you want 3d printed holders. I have a 3d printer.

Thoughts?
The light can be visible on the front, I simply rotate the front mounts at a 45° angle and I can't see it anymore.

Excellent shot. What fStop/Shutter and ISO was this done at?
Nice work.
That was actually shot on my Mavic Pro, 1.5 second shutter, ISO 200

Thoughts?
I wouldn't bother with colored lights--I used to use them (red on left, green on right); but they're not nearly as bright as white; and quite honestly at a distance the white strobe would outshine the other lights anyway; unless it was directly sideways to you. But unlike most aircraft (especially large fixed wing); you're not going to get any direction information; as the lights are spaced so close to each other on a small object and the P4PV2 can fly any direction regardless of which way its facing.

I use four white ARC IIs on my P4P: one on top; two on each side forward of the side sensors (only used in daylight while in tripod mode), and one in the back just between the battery and the sonar sensors. The lights on top seems to have no effect on the GPS--at least with the number of SAT locks.

I wouldn't bother with colored lights--I used to use them (red on left, green on right); but they're not nearly as bright as white; and quite honestly at a distance the white strobe would outshine the other lights anyway; unless it was directly sideways to you. But unlike most aircraft (especially large fixed wing); you're not going to get any direction information; as the lights are spaced so close to each other on a small object and the P4PV2 can fly any direction regardless of which way its facing.

I use four white ARC IIs on my P4P: one on top; two on each side forward of the side sensors (only used in daylight while in tripod mode), and one in the back just between the battery and the sonar sensors. The lights on top seems to have no effect on the GPS--at least with the number of SAT locks.
I have to agree, white ARC II's are the way to go, here is a video comparison I did of all the major strobes.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The STROBON Cree® LED strobe light is the brightest navigation strobe solution for drones. The light is visible from 3 miles away at night—making it compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti collision light rules for drones. The on-board battery lasts for 2+ hours of continuous use and can be recharged via a micro USB cable.

I sell and ship these from the US (Harrisburg, PA) everyday except Sunday. I currently have white, red, and green lights in stock. Go here for more details or to place an order.

View attachment 82721

View attachment 82722

View attachment 82723

Note: The above video is showing a larger version of this strobe light. The STROBON Cree® LED strobe light functions exactly like this larger version.
Thank you for your info

You're welcome :)

I have the white and red one's and after about 6 months of not flying the red one won't charge or even come on.

My red one will not charge. When I plug it in to charge it stays lit constantly.

Regarding light colors.... Yesterday I had a medical helicopter pilot checking out the P4P+ I fly here at the hospital. We spoke, while waiting on his crew to transfer a patient, about only flying the Phantom during daylight hours for now but looking at getting a waiver to fly after dark and needing to put strobes on our UAV.
The pilot stated, "Stay away from anything Green or Blue. We fly with NVGs and the Green and Blue colored lights don't show up at all.". He uses a commercial version of PVS-14s and was well aware of the UAV rules we fly under. Currently we are only looking at a White strobe.

Regarding light colors.... I had a medical helicopter pilot checking out the P4P+ I fly here at the hospital. We spoke, while waiting on his crew to transfer a patient, about only flying the Phantom during daylight hours for now but looking at getting a waiver to fly after dark and needing to put strobes on our UAV.
The pilot stated, "Stay away from anything Green or Blue. We fly with NVGs and the Green and Blue colored lights don't show up at all.". He uses a commercial version of PVS-14s and was well aware of the UAV rules we fly under. Currently we are only looking at a White strobe.
Check out the comparison video we did for all the current popular strobes, the white are very visible under night vision:

My red one will not charge. When I plug it in to charge it stays lit constantly.
It sounds like it's defective. If your light is less than a year old, Flytron will fix it if you ship it to them.

Got two Arc IIs. What's the secret to turn them on?
I hold the button down and they begin to flash but stop(?) They are charged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic