STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

A precaution warning here:

BE CAREFUL when turning your quad upside down for whatever reason, with these lights installed in plastic cradles.

I was flying yesterday, and this morning I noticed one of my three lights is gone from its cradle.

I did have the bird upside down while handling in the field.

This afternoon I have to do a two hour round trip to try and find that little thing.

As well as my prescription eyeglasses that I think I left in the grass as well! :rolleyes:

Update:

Just found the light in the car trunk, where I transport the P3A upside down.

Must have vibrated loose in transport... Still reason to be cautious.

Now, off to find those eyeglasses!

Last edited:
A precaution warning here:

BE CAREFUL when turning your quad upside down for whatever reason, with these lights installed in plastic cradles.

I was flying yesterday, and this morning I noticed one of my three lights is gone from its cradle.

I did have the bird upside down while handling in the field.

This afternoon I have to do a two hour round trip to try and find that little thing.

As well as my prescription eyeglasses that I think I left in the grass as well! :rolleyes:

Update:

Just found the light in the car trunk, where I transport the P3A upside down.

Must have vibrated loose in transport... Still reason to be cautious.

Now, off to find those eyeglasses!
Did it slide out of one of my mounts? There is a flange on top that should keep it in pretty securely.
**EDIT**
Oh nevermind I see you bought the ones on eBay from Germany, I noticed that it looked like they would fall out pretty easily with that design. That's why when I designed mine I included a flange that had to be bent out of the way to get the strobe out. I also made mine out of flexible filament (rubbery) so I could squeeze them in tighter.

Last edited:
Ok so in the dark tonight. White and red at 8,100' and no problem spotting either of them. That's also as far as I've ever been out. Could've gone more but it was windy and I was concerned with getting back with enough battery. Yup I'm still a chicken.
Oh and by the way. My wife. She dislikes you guys right now. I usually don't fly at night but now just because of these lights I'm looking for excuses to go out at all hours. [emoji3]

Did it slide out of one of my mounts? There is a flange on top that should keep it in pretty securely.
**EDIT**
Oh nevermind I see you bought the ones on eBay from Germany, I noticed that it looked like they would fall out pretty easily with that design. That's why when I designed mine I included a flange that had to be bent out of the way to get the strobe out. I also made mine out of flexible filament (rubbery) so I could squeeze them in tighter.

Yes, I think I got these mounts from Germany before you had them available for the P3. Or there was some info not yet available if yours would fit on the P3?

Anyhoots, I figure I can stick a tapered toothpick in there, and cut off the excess for a firmer fit.

Love these lights, and I'll be buying your mounts when I need more! :)

**EDIT**
Will your mounts fit a p3a? , the legs i believe are a bit bigger then the other p3's

Here are a few pics i took of my dads (DAZZAUKSDAD) P4 with these lights on, unfortunatley, i didn't manage to get the white ones, who would have thought out of 150ish pics, i would not get one good pic with the white ones lol?? Anyway this was taken just after sunset so the pics have a little noise in them, but im still figuring out dark time camera settings...

P.s i will upload a video later, you could still see the strobes in pitch black from 700 + ft away

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 349
  • untitled-2.jpg
    untitled-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 279
  • untitled-4.jpg
    untitled-4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 292
  • untitled-5.jpg
    untitled-5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 273
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
  • untitled-8.jpg
    untitled-8.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 284
Will your mounts fit a p3a? , the legs i believe are a bit bigger then the other p3's
They should, I haven't tested them on a P3A or P3P yet though, just a P4P and a P3S. They are made out of flexible filament so the stretch and flex quite a bit.

Reactions: nintago
Finally made a TWILIGHT flight and these lights are great for that! So I'll be using them for twilight...

Yes, I think I got these mounts from Germany before you had them available for the P3. Or there was some info not yet available if yours would fit on the P3?

Anyhoots, I figure I can stick a tapered toothpick in there, and cut off the excess for a firmer fit.

Love these lights, and I'll be buying your mounts when I need more! :)
I guess as long as they don't fall out during flight... talk about a needle in a haystack trying to find those LOL.... if the lights aren't turned on that is :D

They should, I haven't tested them on a P3A or P3P yet though, just a P4P and a P3S. They are made out of flexible filament so the stretch and flex quite a bit.
Do u have a Link, for ordering? I could test a couple out and let u know

I've modified the design for better visibility of the strobe light itself, I noticed when I purchased more strobes that the 2nd set I got wasn't exactly the same dimensionally (the strobe light was slightly higher) the new improved design looks like the picture below (Inspire mounts shown but the cradle itself is identical), I haven't had a chance to update the website photos yet. It still has the flange at the top right to hook over the USB port to keep it in place.
521552281.jpg

Last edited:
I've modified the design for better visibility of the strobe light itself, I noticed when I purchased more strobes that the 2nd set I got wasn't exactly the same dimensionally (the strobe light was slightly higher) the new improved design looks like the picture below (Inspire mounts shown but the cradle itself is identical), I haven't had a chance to update the website photos yet. It still has the flange at the top right to hook over the USB port to keep it in place.
521552281.jpg
Done! I ordered two , I'll let you know how they work on my p3a, I happened to lose one a few days ago, all I can figure is a gust of wind hit just right and when the bird got back to me i was missing one strobe,

Done! I ordered two , I'll let you know how they work on my p3a, I happened to lose one a few days ago, all I can figure is a gust of wind hit just right and when the bird got back to me i was missing one strobe,
Got it! Thanks! What were you securing them with before? Velcro?

Definitely interested in seeing what you do with the p3a. I have mine on with Velcro but want to use the mounts do it looks cleaner.

I'm hysterical and amazed over this at the same time. Went for a long flight last night like I said before to test the lights. This was also my brothers first time over water and first time or more than 1,000 feet. He was understandably very nervous so I joked with him about wearing my Apple watch so I could check his heart rate. Well.... I checked my history and this is what I got. The 8:30 reading was when it was still light out and I couldn't see it anymore. The 9:00 reading I was over 8,000 feet or and see the strobes the whole time so I guess being able to see it keeps you calm.
69ce3ed3081698629eb9bd369f5b56f7.jpg

Reactions: Budman and ryantrax
I'll keep you all posted on how they work
If you can post pictures for everyone that would be awesome, they may even end up on the website if you don't mind. I've got you in the print queue, just 3 orders ahead of yours so they should be ready tonight and ship in the morning.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT