STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

I'm hoping to hear a confirmation which light is better in bright sunlight.
I would think the red one would be easier to see than the white one.
anyone?
Sorry I've been crazy busy, I'll try to get to it this weekend and take some videos.

I'm hoping to hear a confirmation which light is better in bright sunlight.
I liked red the best. I can easily see it from about 800 feet away. I could still see it from about 800-1,000 feet, but I don't know if I'd spot it if I didn't already know where it was in the sky.

went out with my boy Dazzauk flew my P4 I have green and red port and green starboard as well as two whites in rear I tested the red and white only out at a very long and high away fom where we were and the white for me and Darren was definetly brighter and easier to see even against clouds but I guess it depends on how your eyes are.

went out with my boy Dazzauk flew my P4 I have green and red port and green starboard as well as two whites in rear I tested the red and white only out at a very long and high away fom where we were and the white for me and Darren was definetly brighter and easier to see even against clouds but I guess it depends on how your eyes are.

White for me too. Only comparing red and white

Received mine two days ago. Stopped by Lowe's today and picked up some industrial strength Velcro. Mounted it on my magic, on the top just in front of the battery. A quick test flight showed that the Velcro provides a secure mount, and I'll be able to move it to another of my drones if needed. There'll be another order coming soon...

Reactions: msinger
Reactions: skeptic49
I got a red and white, not just for twilight but also hoping to make it easier to spot my phantom in the DAYLIGHT when it's 800 ft or more away. Glancing at the iPad then back at the drone sometimes isn't easy to spot again. Some of these posts make it sound promising. But as Fifty7 says the only way I could see either light (white was easier) was if I was looking right at it, and the light was pointing straight at me. It's easier to pick out the drone than the light. I have learned to hold the control so the drone is just over the top edge of the iPad so eye movement is limited, which helps but still not easy sometimes due to refocusing. Sorry to say the strobes don't help me at all in daylight. Hoping the rain will hold off for a twilight test tonight, which I expect will be better.

What circuitry the size of a postage stamp could compete with direct sunlight?

Understand their limitations in the brightest of ambient conditions.

For the price, payload weight, and easy application... not to mention color selection: these things are the cat's meow!

Try looking at one directly in the kitchen.

A real "eye ouch!" :D

I just received my two white and two red strobes along with the four Version 2 mounts that I ordered on Thursday. Everything looks great.

The strobes are amazingly bright for their size. Pretty cool really. I find that attempting to press the small switch with my fingertip is difficult, as it's somewhat hard to feel and just sort of presses into the finger pad without turning on. What I found is that a dime works perfectly in order to turn them on/off or to check battery level. By placing its edge over the switch, you can press downward gently and feel the switch positively 'click'. Works like a charm!

The mounts are cleanly made, and the lights fit securely into them with a snug but not 'too tight' fit. There is no chance the lights would ever slide out. The power switch is also accessible while in the mount, as is the charging port. They fit securely onto the legs of the P4 and seem to find a 'sweet spot' facing forward, sideways, or rearward.

Thank you gentlemen, well done!

I just received my two white and two red strobes along with the four Version 2 mounts that I ordered on Thursday. Everything looks great.

The strobes are amazingly bright for their size. Pretty cool really. I find that attempting to press the small switch with my fingertip is difficult, as it's somewhat hard to feel and just sort of presses into the finger pad without turning on. What I found is that a dime works perfectly in order to turn them on/off or to check battery level. By placing its edge over the switch, you can press downward gently and feel the switch positively 'click'. Works like a charm!

The mounts are cleanly made, and the lights fit securely into them with a snug but not 'too tight' fit. There is no chance the lights would ever slide out. The power switch is also accessible while in the mount, as is the charging port. They fit securely onto the legs of the P4 and seem to find a 'sweet spot' facing forward, sideways, or rearward.

Thank you gentlemen, well done!
Thank you! Glad you like them as much as I do!

Off topic but I got my Inspire mounts for the Strobon's done, I like em!

I love mine! Got all three colors. These are so bright that I'm seeing flash after burns just thinking about how bright they are!!!

I love mine! Got all three colors. These are so bright that I'm seeing flash after burns just thinking about how bright they are!!!
My wife hates them, they instantly give her a headache LOL

Reactions: jryser
These are so bright that I'm seeing flash after burns just thinking about how bright they are!!!
They should come with a free set of shades to protect your eyes :)

How bright are they for daylight flying?
If using white/red lights, you should be able to see them from at least 800-1,000 feet away.

If using white/red lights, you should be able to see them from at least 800-1,000 feet away.

Sounds about right. I did some testing on the red and white over the weekend. Depending on conditions 800-1000' is about where I lost sight of them. I had someone with me watching the whole time. Never taking his eyes of the aircraft he said he saw the white right up to about 2,500'. I couldn't find it once I looked down at the screen any back up again but he saw it the whole time.

I don't have many areas around me to fly long distance at night but still trying to test that one. All I can say is 2,500' at night is as far as one been so far... No problem spotting them easily.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey