STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Distance Test: I ordered my lights (white/red) Wednesday, received today (Friday). I mounted them on a pole 30 feet above the ground. I then flew my helicopter 3 plus miles out from my base. At three miles I couldn't see them but nor could I really make out the hanger lights either. But at 2.7 miles miles the alternating red/white lights started coming into view. Very impressive for such a small light considering they were competing against all our other LED pad lights and building position lights. Both white and red were equally as bright as each other. As soon as I get my Phantom mounts from Aerial Pixel ill send them up to 400 feet and conduct the test again. I'm thinking I should get more distance out of them with only a dark sky as a background instead of so much ground based lighting.

Still no light after charging several hours. Think they can get too hot?
The manufacturer has no temperature-related recommendations on their site. While I'm sure there is a limit where they could become damaged, I'm assuming it would be higher than a common temperature like 100F.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a replacement.

Received my white light today.
Even though I saw pictures of it I can't believe how small it is.
After others warned about not looking at it, I tried not to.:confused:
It's flippin bright not even looking directly at it. I still have spots in my eyes
If I were to say one negative, I would like the on/off button a little bigger.
Thanks for a great little light

The manufacturer has no temperature-related recommendations on their site. While I'm sure there is a limit where they could become damaged, I'm assuming it would be higher than a common temperature like 100F.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a replacement.

Emailed you thru phantomhelp [emoji846]

I have a Mavic, no apologies, and hot glued mine onto extended legs.
That's a great idea. If it can hold up a posterboard it sure can hold up this light
But I want to move mine to different drones so I'm using industrial Velcro

Received my white light today.
Even though I saw pictures of it I can't believe how small it is.
After others warned about not looking at it, I tried not to.:confused:
It's flippin bright not even looking directly at it. I still have spots in my eyes
If I were to say one negative, I would like the on/off button a little bigger.
Thanks for a great little light

They are bright, that is for sure. Wait till you see them 200 feet up after dark...... I use a dime to turn them on/off. Just press it flat against the little switch and you will feel it click. Hold for a few seconds and bingo..

This was approximately 30 minutes after sunset last night. If you look in the lower corners, you can see some red 'ghosting' from the red strobes attached in front. I am very confident that this was light that was transferred to the camera lens through the mount material and not directly from the strobes themselves.

Importantly, this is not meant to sound in any way negative about these mounts, as they are awesome - lightweight, clean, and secure. A very nice product. My plan is to coat my front mounts with black ink, and I am confident, that will be that. Alternatively, for hardcore photographers who want to see their copter very clearly after dark and are concerned about possible 'light bleed' into their footage, place white strobes on the rear facing rearward and red on the rear just above them facing sideways. You will see it for miles for sure.

I didn't think anyone would want the mounts in Black so I didn't offer them they are now available.

Last edited:
I didn't think anyone would want the mounts in Black so I didn't offer them they are now available.

Awesome Ryan! Yes, I did take a black Sharpie to two of mine, but I could not get inside all the way. I compared the 'light bleed' between a black one and a white one, and it was a lot less with the black one. I'll bet a solid black one would have none.

I'll order a set of 4 black mounts soon, and I do like this new design too verses the Version 2 that I have. It must be a fun challenge designing and fabricating items like this. What a cool hobby, and it's great that that you can make a bit of money with your skills. Well done!

Reactions: ryantrax
Awesome Ryan! Yes, I did take a black Sharpie to two of mine, but I could not get inside all the way. I compared the 'light bleed' between a black one and a white one, and it was a lot less with the black one. I'll bet a solid black one would have none.

I'll order a set of 4 black mounts soon, and I do like this new design too verses the Version 2 that I have. It must be a fun challenge designing and fabricating items like this. What a cool hobby, and it's great that that you can make a bit of money with your skills. Well done!
It is fun! It helps fund my drone obsession LOL. I'll PM you a coupon code to use since you are re-ordering.

Black seems cool maybe I'll just dye mine[emoji6]

The only issue with dying that I can see is the fact that the core would still be white and able to transfer light. If you really want to limit light transfer, solid black is the way to go IMO.

Reactions: chefrd38
Received mine today- fast shipping with msinger. By the way, when these are charging- are they supposed to dimly blink or no

when these are charging- are they supposed to dimly blink or no
Yes, they usually blink. If the battery is very low, the light might not blink. In the latter case, charge the light for 2 hours.

I've been using heavy-duty velcro which has worked fine, but those custom mounts certainly look desirable..

20170626_103022.jpg
20170626_103037.jpg

Yes, they usually blink. If the battery is very low, the light might not blink. In the latter case, charge the light for 2 hours.

Yes sir, charging them up to test em out tonight, crazy bright. I assume when they flash brighter (while still charging) and stay steady for a second they are charged ?

The light will flash slowly when the battery is fully charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello