Stress Cracks

The contact phone number is very clearly listed on their website here (DJI Support - Phantom 3 Professional). Why is it hard to contact them?
I called this morning at their opening time. I was 30th in line, but when I finally got through, the man on the other end was very nice and helpful. Via email, he sent me UPS shipping label and instructions as to how to return my Phantom.
The contact phone number is very clearly listed on their website here (DJI Support - Phantom 3 Professional). Why is it hard to contact them?
I called this morning at their opening time and I was 30th in line. I waited for my turn, and when I finally got an answer, the man was very nice and helpful. He sent via email my UPS shipping label and how to pack my Phantom for shipment.

Reactions: mrgoodwrench
Glad to hear it. I'll be going through the same process myself soon. Did he mention anything about turn around time?

The phone number is easy to find, being #95 in the queue is frustrating.
I'm disappointed in these cracks. The drone is fantastic, really unbelievable to someone like me who has flown RC pretty much all my life. But, spending this kind of money on a product that will break just by using it is not acceptable. I just sent mine back for repair a week ago and just received notice that they have it. I've already lost two jobs because of this, and probably won't get it back for weeks to come. DJI should come up with a fix for all of these. It was a lot of trouble sending it back...The 3rd party back plates look like they could help? Does anyone have a solution?

Plast-Aid....many who don't have the luxury of being without their bird while DJI fixes it have used Plast-Aid under the motors. After cracks appeared and before. I added it before cracks appeared because I was swapping out the shell for a hydrodipped shell. I have not heard of anyone using it prior to cracks, getting cracks. Once you get this stuff and use it, you will realize why. It bonds with the original plastic and cures much stronger than anything I have found. YouTube Plast-Aid and you will see what I mean.
JMO

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
3290dcd5d5f26d361748b5cb73e2ab1a.jpg

7 months and 200+ flights on P3P and the cracks appeared during one uneventful flight, 18 mins and around 4km in calm conditions. Im looking for a shell now in Australia. Think i will do the swap myself to save a long wait with the local DJI service centre.

Screenshot_2016-06-14-13-15-24.png
Screenshot_2016-06-14-13-15-24.png
Screenshot_2016-06-14-13-15-37.png

Noticed stress cracks on one arm during a preflight yesterday. Never experienced a hard landing or crash. E-mailed DJI but have not received a response, yet. The P3P is only six months old. How is DJI handling returns/exchanges for this on-going issue these days? I read in the warranty info that shell issues are not covered.
I sent mine to DJI and they repaired it free of charge with a very quick turn around. Send DJI service some pics and you'll get a Return Authorization and UPS shipping label.

Reactions: Mudcat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik