Stress Cracks: How Do You Guys Deal With It?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently just bought a brand new P3A from someone craigslist (it was a great deal and the box was sealed, no hours logged on the battery, and I even had to register the aircraft with DJI since it was new). Anyways, flown it probably less than two dozen times and never crashed it. One semi hard landing on some dirt, but I had gimbal guard installed so no damage there.

I've recently discovered a hairline crack on the bottom part of the casing directly by one of the motor screws. Its very small and just a hairline crack, but I am afraid of it getting bigger. Do you guys think its worth it sending to DJI (I don't have a receipt would that be problem to get warranty coverage)? What are some fixes some you guys have tried? Also are there ways to prevent this like descend slower and always catch land (or are they just myths)?

IMG_3541.jpg

Thanks so much in advance,

Looking forward to the discussion.

The best fix is to replace the shell. Try contacting DJI support and see what they say.

Both times I sent my P3a in for warr work they wanted a copy of the sales res. One of the times was for a crank in the upper part of the case. There is after market add on you can get. I've never tried one.

haha thanks for the help again PhantomHelp. I've contacted them, but they keep asking for a receipt and it says that for them to issue an RMA an receipt would be needed (being I bought from craigslist I don't have the receipt). Do you think the crack is even a big issue, can I just fix it with some super glue haha?

Both times I sent my P3a in for warr work they wanted a copy of the sales res. One of the times was for a crank in the upper part of the case. There is after market add on you can get. I've never tried one.
Do you think its even worth getting it repaired then sir? And how much did it cost you to ship it out to DJI?

Id just open it repair from the inside with decent epoxy, like jb weld. Whilst your there do the other 3 too

Reactions: phxbird57
For shipping and insurance it cost me $45 from Phx Az to Carlton Ca. I don't know how handy you are but you can pick up a replacement case from ebay or amazon for about $75. DJI Will if not under warr charge you time & labor to fit it. probably looking at $250. See if you can find a local hobby shop to repair. The crank will get worse.

I think I may not open up the whole case as I don't want to risk further damage or damaging the not cracked areas. May just get a carbon fiber epoxy kit and carbon over the crack? What do you guys think?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl