Stress Cracks efficient solution to prevent damage

Reaction score
hey guys thought i'd share what i did for my P3P to avoid Future stress cracks..
already have flown around 25 flights, checked for stress cracks nothing so far,
what i did first is:
  • Removed all screws from all 4 arms in parallel way, then tightened them gently not forcing them on the chassis.
  • Used gorilla tape on all 4 arms on the 2 screws behind the motor set to add more resistance to stress.
  • Balanced my props
so after i'm done, flown it some time & all went well so far, hope this help u guys prevent such an issue, the drone is acting normally and the tape just looks bit ugly but for the sake of protection i did it.
NB: i don't recommend the Glue on such a frame it will cause some damage with time for the plastique and actually make it worst.

20150704160213.jpg
20150704160214.jpg

Reaction score
Good idea thanks

Reactions: elie kattar
Reaction score
Gorilla tape in UK = good ole Gaffer tape! A DIY'ers friend.

Reactions: elie kattar
Reaction score
White colour tape may look better?
they might look better, but under sun heat and long flights they tend to loosen up or curve a bit, had that in mind and u don't want that tape to get in your props way while in flight this will cause direct crash if not so maybe something not that better.

Reaction score
Has anyone removed a motor to see if there is any vibration dampener under the motor?

Reaction score
I have been using zip ties since the p2v+. Now with my P3A....Been a great piece of mind for me and never had a problem with cracks. A friend had a small crash and his arms busted separated, I accidentally flew into a 3 foot tree trunk, my wife into a cemetery headstone, other than a busted blade, no other damage was sustained...

Sent from my A1-850 using PhantomPilots mobile app

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartasCZ