STRESS CRACKS! - 1 Month Old Phantom 4

Reaction score
I have bought a DJI Phantom 4 from Jessops (UK) on August 4th 2017. Since then this p4 has developed a stress crack under one of its motors. Here is a picture:

121805df9hf7729zcm7khc.jpg

I have never used it in sports mode. Always gentle on the throttle. Never crashed!And No, it did not come with a stress crack.. I checked it thoroughly. This crack developed after a short flight I did today.

What should I do?

I have already contacted Jessops. They offered me a full refund. I don't want a full refund as I got a very good deal for this drone.

I have also registered for repair with DJI. They told me to send the drone to the Netherlands. I currently reside in Malta (EU).

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Should I pay for the delivery to the Netherlands? How can I make sure that I won't need to pay anything for the repair?

Please help

I'd take the refund and start again.
I've had a Phantom 4 for 18 months , literally flown miles, loads in sports mode and high winds, I have no signs of stress cracks at all.
You don't know if your drone has been dropped or has other problems lurking prior to you receiving it now, as that's odd that's happened.
Your within 30 days of purchase( only a day out) so you don't have to acccept a repair, and you have a refund offer in place.
Shame you have this before you've even had a chance to explore this great drone.

I have bought a DJI Phantom 4 from Jessops (UK) on August 4th 2017. Since then this p4 has developed a stress crack under one of its motors. Here is a picture:

121805df9hf7729zcm7khc.jpg

I have never used it in sports mode. Always gentle on the throttle. Never crashed!And No, it did not come with a stress crack.. I checked it thoroughly. This crack developed after a short flight I did today.

What should I do?

I have already contacted Jessops. They offered me a full refund. I don't want a full refund as I got a very good deal for this drone.

I have also registered for repair with DJI. They told me to send the drone to the Netherlands. I currently reside in Malta (EU).

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Should I pay for the delivery to the Netherlands? How can I make sure that I won't need to pay anything for the repair?

Please help
Ask for a replacement instead of refund.

Reactions: John Locke
If you try to deal with DJI, you'll regret it. They will lie to you when telling the truth would be easier and quicker. Take the refund and chalk the difference up to experience. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration and anguish over dealing with DJI.
Jim
WA5TEF

They don't have a replacement at the moment. This was purchased as refurbished from Jessops UK

I hope you will listen to me I have seen this on many phantoms reply how to stop the crack's from happening no one ever listened if you notice when you land your phantom it vibrates a couple seconds before it's still its a hard plastic it will crack very easy but it has to be hard plastic or the motor would fly off of it in flight it's a win lose deal but go on UTUBE Tom's tech time he shows how to catch your phantom it's really easy to do and no more crack's but watch the video a couple of times and I promise it will shove the problem DJI DON'T REMEND IT BUT TOM'S TECH TIME GOT ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ON IT HE FLYS EVERYDAY HE IS GOOD SOMETIMES I'M FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE ON THE PAYROLL BUT THESE CRACK'S ARE GETTING ON MY NERVE BUT I HAVE POSTED THIS MANY TIMES FLY HAPPY AND SAFE GOOD LUCK

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
If you are outside the UK... in this case Malta... Do you receive a pre-paid shipping label from DJI to send it to repair?

If you try to deal with DJI, you'll regret it. They will lie to you when telling the truth would be easier and quicker. Take the refund and chalk the difference up to experience. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration and anguish over dealing with DJI.
Jim
WA5TEF
A year ago my P3A shell showed cracks. DJI (The Netherlands) replaced it within one week at no costs. They even paid for the shipping.
Next week I crashed my P3A into a building. So now I own a P4 ;)

That little crack will NOT hurt the drone and dealing with DJI may take MONTHS CATCH YOUR DRONE AND NO MORE PROBLEMS I POSTED WHAT TO WATCH ON UTUBE

That little crack will NOT hurt the drone and dealing with DJI may take MONTHS CATCH YOUR DRONE AND NO MORE PROBLEMS I POSTED WHAT TO WATCH ON UTUBE
You need to get it fixed (or take the refund)!
The case is sandwiched (held together) by the motors and the screws so a crack in either top or bottom means it's not seated securely.
As for hand catching, I virtually always do that and have just sent my second Phantom back with a crack in exactly the same place. It's a stress fracture.
Good luck.

Take the refund, DJI Netherlands are useless, trust me I have had experience of them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj