Stress Crack?

Reaction score
@msinger I am copying you on this since you usually have some good info and help on lots of stuff. [emoji6]
IMG_1482368854.205027.jpg

As you can see in the photo, there appear to be 2 stress cracks starting to form around the top screw. I can't feel them and can just barely see them. Should I be worried about them or just keep watching it? I got my P3S in February. Here is the log:

IMG_1482369049.648237.jpg

Do I need to get in touch with DJI for warranty repair since I think it is a year warranty? Or is there someone here in the States that I can go and have it fixed? I am in Ohio and I don't know if there is anyone around that can.

Any help and/or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I personally wouldn't be too worried about flying your Phantom like that right now. However, those cracks are probably just going to keep growing. So, keep an eye on them if you do choose to keep flying before you replace the shell.

As for replacing the shell, your options are to either send your Phantom into DJI for the warranty work or pay to have a repair shop fix it. If you want DJI to fix it, contact DJI support and get the ball rolling. If you'd rather go the repair shop route, you can find some shops in the US here.

FWIW, I've never seen anyone mention a specific timeline for shell repairs. It seems like DJI is fixing them all as they are reported regardless of the age of the Phantom. If anyone was turned down by DJI, hopefully they will chime in and tell us what happened.

Reactions: hotashes
Thanks @msinger. A rep from DJI got back to me on the Facebook Group and said the same. He said just watch it and send in once they start to get worse. Thanks again for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel