Strange Startup error on my P3A

Reaction score
FYI I am copying this from a response I did on a different thread, was suggested to start a new thread for better help:

Can someone help me out please. I am new at multirotors , I have fixed wings branching out to more...
1: I picked up a used P3A cheap.
2: It required the update as soon as I powered it up, so I did it. I failed many times, then it worked:
3: It now is acting strangely. And looking at the logs I be-leave it is why I got it so cheaply.
ok here is the pattern:
On power up it beep beep. as it the firmware needs to be done again, when it is done and it shows complete.. i can let it sit for an extra 20 min or so, it appears it works. I can power it up and it shows the correct firmware / and it shows the ser#. I then fly it , it fly's fine, no issue. I land, power it off, then replace or charge the battery (does not mater is I change the bat or just charge the current one). It starts the dam beep beep again and upgrades the firmware again. So again if i let it sit, it powers up ok.
The Log file:

ok what I can see is that the Module 03-06 may be bad because when it fails it goes back to firmware 0.0.0.0. If so is that the main bd or what?

[00013649][03 06][00] v0.0.0.0 -> v2.4.20.50 need upgrade.
and this strange entry:

[00115025][19 00][00] v255.255.255.254 -> v1.0.8.96

Thanks for any help you can give me

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    85.1 KB · Views: 235
  • P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 281
This might be a silly question but did you delete the bin file off the SD card after loading the new firmware?

Yes and no. Yes at first, then when it kept on failing I just left it in so it would reload the bin. When it was in it's working mode (before I flew it) It would just do a normal startup then go to ready after it read the bin and did a version check to determine that it was fine. , if you look at the logs it shows the module 03 06 change from the correct version to V0.0.0 after a power off (in the Failed state), but if it was in it working phase it showed the correct FW level. I was thinking main BD , but I saw a SD card on that bd on a few pictures I saw on line, I was thinking of taking it out to test it, or just clean the contacts. I was also given the suggestion to reset the cable from the gumball to the main bd

First, the card on the board you are referring to is the onboard ( Black Box) for .Dat file's, if I am not mistaken.

Also in the results file, there were several instances noted where the RC was on during the upgrade. What I would try, is re-download the firmware pakage, re-format the SD card. Then load the bin file and try the upgrade again and ensure the RC is off. If that also fails, it very well could be a board issue.

If the upgrade is successful, power down and delete the bin file. Re-install the SD card and try the power up sequence again.

Yes when I did that, with or with out the SD card, it may or may not work. if it worked I was able to fly it, few great, I hovered and made small "checks" of the controls, all was fine, but then I powered off. at that point it did not mater if I powered it back right away or waited, it started to do the Beep Beep Beep....... all over again. The only consistent thing I found is that I let it do the so called FW upgrade again and then I let it sat for an extra 20 min or so before I powered it of after I got the solid green light. then If removed (or not) the SD and it powered up with out error. Yes I tried the IMU calibration after the reload of the FW. The only thing I can guess is that there is a flaky ESC that after I power the motors, it wipes out the FW for the next power up, Or the E-prom that stores the FW is bad, ether way I think it may be the main Bd, but I was hoping there was something else. I wish that was not going to have to buy a new BD.

That is a very flaky situation indeed. But there is really no way to "component level" diagnose the problem unfortunately. Sure wish there was.

ok thanks for the input. I guess I will just order the main bd and hope for the best. I wish somewhere in the after market world there was a Diags that could be used on these... I know there is one, but no one will give it up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl