Strange Gimbal level problem ( Not horizon issue)

Reaction score
HI, Guys I'm Alex, I have been lurking around here for a few months and recently bought my first P3A. I have about 2 hours flight time with her now, but the last few sorties she seems to have developed an issue with the Gimbal.

A couple of flights ago, I unpacked at my field and it asked me to do an IMU calibration, It may be because i turned it on sitting on a metal bench. Not being in an ideal place to perform such a thing I had to do it on the grass, most likely not level. A quick IMU, Compass and gimbal reset and had a problem free flight.

Since then whenever I start her up the gimbal goes through the motions but comes to rest at an angle as shown in the video. It appears to be working perfectly, and responds to controller inputs, just doesn't settle horizontally.

I have since done a proper IMU calibration and a gimbal reset on the flat and it solves the problem. Until I reboot and it returns to this position.
There doesn't seem to be any damage to the gimbals arms, and it appears too extreme for the horizon issue.

So now I'm stuck, I did search but all the threads seem to be about minor horizon issues or major damage to the mech. Anyone got any light they can shine please?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have done sevral gimbal calibrations and each time it resets to perfectly level. But when I switch off and switch it back on again it returns to this 10 dregree tilt.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.