strange accident with P3P

In advanced settings under “Remote control lost signal “ have you got it set to return to home ? As the other 2 choices are hover and land .

You may have lost video feed, but still had control. Did you push left stick down during video loss?? I notice your max speed during flight @ 47mph. A lot can happen quickly at those speeds.

Any thoughts ?
Normally Airdata isn't much help for investigating flight incidents.
DJI Flight Log Viewer ... is much oreferred.
However I was able to see enough in your data to show that the Phantom was slowing down and stable, 70 feet higher than the homepoint until 3:36.5 when it began to spin and tumble.
There are no indications in the flight log to say what might have caused this.
This is a case where you will have to look into the .dat file in the Phantom to find out anything more.

I have reconstructed your flight logs with Dashware. This video shows what looks like a severe impact towards the end of transmitted telemetry.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have reconstructed your flight logs with Dashware. This video shows what looks like a severe impact towards the end of transmitted telemetry.

I didn´t do any movement when the video feedback was lost. the last image that I have from the incident was a face down image of the landing gear while going down very fast. That is also very strange, the P3P didn´t just fall.... it was going down like a kamikazee .......

by the way.... what a great video reconstruction, how do you do that ? wow...

Normally Airdata isn't much help for investigating flight incidents.
DJI Flight Log Viewer ... is much oreferred.
However I was able to see enough in your data to show that the Phantom was slowing down and stable, 70 feet higher than the homepoint until 3:36.5 when it began to spin and tumble.
There are no indications in the flight log to say what might have caused this.
This is a case where you will have to look into the .dat file in the Phantom to find out anything more.

It was flying very stable and, as you said, out of nowhere just went down like a kamikazee

Could it have hit a bird?

It was flying very stable and, as you said, out of nowhere just went down like a kamikazee
If your drone is stil in warranty (less than 12 months old)
Synch your flight record (click the cloud icon on the flight records page of the app).
Go to DJI online help and start a chat with their people and get things happening.
They will be able to tell more from the more detailed data recorded in the Phantom.

Could it have hit a bird?

Nothing was near the P3P. I thought about it but the P3P had no signs of blood at least

the last image that I had from the flight is the one below..... as you can see, no data connection and was flying 76 km/h (around 47 MpH) straight down

Attachments

• Jerico Crash last image.PNG
    Jerico Crash last image.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 491
Reactions: Infidel0007
Loss of signal doesn't cause a Phantom to fall.
Also, as the data showed, there was signal while the Phantom was falling.

You´re right ..... the connection was lost but the P3P was flying downwards very fast without any input from the sticks....

the last picture, recovered from the last litchi screen is below

Attachments

• Jerico Crash last image.PNG
    Jerico Crash last image.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 435
If your drone is stil in warranty (less than 12 months old)
Synch your flight record (click the cloud icon on the flight records page of the app).
Go to DJI online help and start a chat with their people and get things happening.
They will be able to tell more from the more detailed data recorded in the Phantom.

The drone was older that that sadly .....

If you were able to find your Phantom You could extract the video and use Dashware to match the csv data to the video. That might prove interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic