Still waiting for a refund after 5 months!

Reaction score
When I bought my P4, the gimbal was defective. I was approved for a refund and sent it back in. After three weeks with no refund, I started calling to ask about the status. I have called at least twice a week since then and I keep getting the same answer, "we are so sorry, and we will follow up with you". I finally asked for a senior person who made lots of promises about expediting my refund. Still heard nothing. I kept calling every week. My case is now hundreds of pages long. A few days ago, I got my refund, but get this, the same day they took the money back out of my account!!!! I finally got a hold of Edward Windham, DJI North America's forum support manager and explained the situation. He was really rude to me and didn't help at all. What kind of customer service is this?????

This has been going on for 5 months!!!

Can anyone suggest what to do next? This is the most frustrating customer service issue that I have ever been through!!!

I am in Carlsbad California

Have you called the credit card co.? They should see the inital purchase and the return. Then DJI taking the money again. I thought when one buys something with a credit card it is a one time authorization. Not for 5 months.

Time to talk to the credit card company, maybe do it at the bank with your account manager too on their dime where they can see the transactions.

I do find it interesting that DJI in Carson has a closed steel fence around the place with a guard who won't let you in for a repair per someone else's experience. You have to send it to them, which can bite you for about $40 if you insure it fully with FedEx at one of their shipping centers.

Good luck.

Mack

If you don't want the headaches from DJI, I would suggest buying it on Amazon.. If anything happens they will replace the money paid..good luck...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same experiance with DJI carson customer service. HORRIBLE!!!! My case is also over 100 pages long. I called paypal to get my refund back. They favored the mercant and close my case. So, i called my bank. My bank is still investiaging this claim. Horrible. Since April now. See my other tread for more info about what happen. Worst customer service.

If what you're describing is accurate and you haven't left out pertinent details, you made the mistake of letting it go on this long without involving your credit card issuer. You're long past the 3 month period one typically has to file a dispute and I would doubt your CC is going to standby you at this point. There's no excuse for DJI's behavior however, as a consumer, we have rights as well as responsibilities. I'm interested in hearing a bit more.

Last edited:
If what you're describing is accurate and you haven't left out pertinent details, you made the mistake of letting it go on this long without involving your credit card issuer. . . . .
Not for the second transaction where they charged his credit card again without authorization. That was "a few days ago".

Without having to reread this thread, did he actually state they placed another charge on his CC? If so, this is a very simple fix. No need to even contact DJI, just his CC. The authorization for the original charge was complete and if there was no authorization for the second, no need to even consider contacting anyone else but the issuer of his CC. Call me a skeptic but I think there's a whole lot of important facts /information this poster has chosen to omit. What in the world would those "hundreds" of pages of documents he referred to include if only a simple call to his CC issuer should've handled it if in fact all went as he's stated?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31