DJI Customer Service Issues

Reaction score
I am sorry for having to post this. But when a simple issue can not be resolve quickly, using the existing communication methods, I feel it is important to let the other pilots know about it. Make sure others don't go down the same path.
Here is my post that I tried to put on DJI Facebook Site, it has been rejected.

Hello to all,
I am writing this response as I am chatting online with DJI support. Right now they are not willing to handle a simple purchasing issue, that occurred overnight. I ordered some products from their website and I got an email that stated the order was rejected. No reason was given in the email, and I have ordered from DJI website before. So very strange. So I started a online chat as directed by both the phone voice menu system and by the online instructions from their support page. Now the customer service person is being a little rude and just wants to hand me off and send that I need to email support instead of chatting online, and that they feel bad but, they can't help me. So I have found a huge weakness in the company, that is customer service. HUGE weakness. I am not happy with this and I am going to have to provide my first negative, thumbs down, towards this company. Sorry DJI but you have failed. two thumbs down rating????

I thank this website for posting my post and I hope DJI and other pilots take away something from this

I will not be responding to any comments from this post, it is only a post to let others know that DJI customer service is out of touch right now.

From a Dedicated Phantom Pilot since the first Phantom created.
Captain

So you thought that the chat representative was “a little rude”, and was not able to resolve your concerns via chat, but advised you to contact support via email? I’m missing your point. Why not just follow the suggestions through to the end before bashing them?

Now Grumpy you read
I will not be responding to any comments from this post,
So your wasting ya time buddy .;)

Reactions: Squirrel!
We have discussed DJI service on this forum many times. Some love them and some hate them. I have had both bad and good experiences with them. I have considered both experiences on their part, to be hit or miss situation. I consider DJI’s service department to be sloppy business. Yes you can praise them as well as hate them.

I have not been able to understand them. They have talked much too fast. I had them give me a number, then contact me again and give me another number. Than get everything mixed up. I have them give me a department manager to work with. After a while working with him, he told he would give me to his department manager. The switch game kept going on and each person had no idea what my case was about. One told me to send my battery in and I had to contact them again, they said I can’t send it in. It is one big confusing mess.
Do enough business with them and you’ll think how do they even function?

If your intent was to discourage people from dealing with DJI you wasted a lot of words. There is nothing in your post that allows anyone to understand what the issue was. Even knowing what you were trying to order might have helped provide some clarity.

I've had 2 dealings with DJI support/customer service/repair. Both were warranty claims and neither were completely satisfactory (nor free of charge). The first case did repair a warranty issue but other charges were pilot error and my fault so I didnt argue. The second was clearly a manufacturing problem (with a nut that had come loose inside the RC from the mount that holds the device) and they refused to cover the shipping but would repair it free of charge if i covered the shipping. I suspect that was because they didnt want to insure the shipping when they knew a loose metal part inside the RC could cause a short and a fire during shipping. I opened the RC and repaired it myself with no issues. So.... I don't have a great opinion of DJI'S commitment to stand behind their products, but, inspite of that, I do believe they make the best aircraft and do support them.

They are funny and depends on where you are and how you deal with them.
I have had to send 2 different Phantoms back and called them ...LA Office..and the guy I talked with sent me a RA# and free shipping lapel within 24 hours and had both back within a month and was not charged anything .Luck of the draw and the issue I guess .
I would never do the chat thing with them .I just don't trust that .

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I have had 3 very positive experiences with DJI service. 2 were defective product claims, which were fixed without charge, and the 3RD was my fault for flying down into a lake when following a canoe around a bend and out of VLOS. The repair was accomplished for a reasonable fee, and quite timely.

Wrong. I have been droning for 4 years, starting with a P3 4K, a Mavic Air, and P4 adv. In excess of 300 flights.

DJI Has been just fine for me. I wanted to counter all the negative stuff, as I have had no issues, either with information, or the 3 repairs I cited.

I am sorry for having to post this. But when a simple issue can not be resolve quickly, using the existing communication methods, I feel it is important to let the other pilots know about it. Make sure others don't go down the same path.
Here is my post that I tried to put on DJI Facebook Site, it has been rejected.

Hello to all,
I am writing this response as I am chatting online with DJI support. Right now they are not willing to handle a simple purchasing issue, that occurred overnight. I ordered some products from their website and I got an email that stated the order was rejected. No reason was given in the email, and I have ordered from DJI website before. So very strange. So I started a online chat as directed by both the phone voice menu system and by the online instructions from their support page. Now the customer service person is being a little rude and just wants to hand me off and send that I need to email support instead of chatting online, and that they feel bad but, they can't help me. So I have found a huge weakness in the company, that is customer service. HUGE weakness. I am not happy with this and I am going to have to provide my first negative, thumbs down, towards this company. Sorry DJI but you have failed. two thumbs down rating????

I thank this website for posting my post and I hope DJI and other pilots take away something from this

I will not be responding to any comments from this post, it is only a post to let others know that DJI customer service is out of touch right now.

From a Dedicated Phantom Pilot since the first Phantom created.
Captain

Welcome to DJI. There is a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE disconnect between their hardware / warranty departments and their chat support. The latter is a waste of time. Literally. And, yes, they TELL you to use chat. The chat support manifesto is to apologize profusely, type as slowly as possible, and stick to the script. It is, quite literally, a waste of time. Which is too bad, because their hardware is awesome. Their FW/softward departments need work and their warranty dept. is very good. HUGE disconnects all over that company...and they've been that way for years. I doubt it will ever change.

Consider your expectations for DJI chat support lowered. Keep them there.

D

So you thought that the chat representative was “a little rude”, and was not able to resolve your concerns via chat, but advised you to contact support via email? I’m missing your point. Why not just follow the suggestions through to the end before bashing them?

Because email support sucks. Try it sometime if you don't believe me. Ask THREE questions. If they even respond, see if they answer all three accurately. I'd bet a year's paycheck they don't. Sometimes they take WEEKS to respond...waste of time.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair