still no camera feed and sd card not seen

Reaction score
So my app says update required.. just fitted a used but good gimball main board.
I put the bin file on a freshly formatted SD card, insert and turn on...
I'm getting 36 red/green flashes like its updating, but then I get about 6 sec of fast green, a pause, then another 6 sec this goes on 5 times, then back to the red/green for another 36 times... this just continues.
I've had a cold fan blowing on it the whole time...
Tried re formatting, downloading file again... no change...

No txt file is being generated on the card to say what's happened either
and the app reports the sd card (tried 3) as having 0mb capacity. so i guess not even seeing it hence no update?

I then tried the old gimbal board just out of curiosity and it shows the same, sd card capacity 0MB
but latest firmware...
The gimbal is all working, does its dance and camera can be moved.

This may be important ….. All the camera options on the dji app are grayed out.. cannot change or adjust anything as if camera is not there? So cant format the sd card in the app.

Any ideas please... ?
The ac and remote were at latest firmware before I fitted new board, tried litchi, tried different cables.

Im nearly giving up on it to be honest, ive exhausted every avenue..

Last edited:
So my app says update required.. just fitted a used but good gimball main board.
I put the bin file on a freshly formatted SD card, insert and turn on...
I'm getting 36 red/green flashes like its updating, but then I get about 6 sec of fast green, a pause, then another 6 sec this goes on 5 times, then back to the red/green for another 36 times... this just continues.
I've had a cold fan blowing on it the whole time...
Tried re formatting, downloading file again... no change...

No txt file is being generated on the card to say what's happened either
and the app reports the sd card (tried 3) as having 0mb capacity. so i guess not even seeing it hence no update?

I then tried the old gimbal board just out of curiosity and it shows the same, sd card capacity 0MB
but latest firmware...
The gimbal is all working, does its dance and camera can be moved.

This may be important ….. All the camera options on the dji app are grayed out.. cannot change or adjust anything as if camera is not there? So cant format the sd card in the app.

Any ideas please... ?
The ac and remote were at latest firmware before I fitted new board, tried litchi, tried different cables.

Im nearly giving up on it to be honest, ive exhausted every avenue..
a new board would need to have the same firmware as the rest of the bird yes? so seeing update needed is not shocking. so may gimbal boards are bad and bad sold as good. how do you know the new board is good? can you format the card in your pc? is it a fake card? have you seen the epic trouble chart from quadamage?

The sd cards are all good, no issues with pc and certain they are genuine.
Not sure about the board, it was sold to me by an American company as used-good working.
There is no live feed, camera controls are greyed out and sd card says zero space
Gimbal resets and responds to tilt etc.

Yes followed the flowchart which led me to believe gimbal board needed replacing.
The annoying thing is that it was fine before firmware update, and no I didn’t use a fan as I followed the instructions on dji website.still amazed dji won’t put their hands up to this causing an issue.
I used a fan this time and when it was flashing red/green I assumed update was occurring.. 36/37 flashes later and the green light flashes for 6sec, pause flashes again.. does this 6 times then hoes into firmware update again

The annoying thing is that it was fine before firmware update,
famous words here. lol.

so may gimbal boards are bad and bad but sold as good. how do you know the new board is good?
my vote is still that the board is bad. can u return it for refund? that board is bad so much that someone legit could make bank for a while repairing just that. maybe people keep buying and selling the same bad boards over and over and over. jk, or am I. lol.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I emailed the board supplier and they gave me an instant refund. So it’s very possible they knew it was faulty.. so I’m back to square one I guess..
old board back in.. everything working fine except no live feed, camera options greyed out and says sd card 0mb the idd thing is it makes the 2 folders on it , scum and misc I think they are.
There is also no log file written either not sure if that’s relevant

Reactions: JoBe
The annoying thing is that it was fine before firmware update,
famous words here. lol.
I missed the firmware part make sense now, why he created a new thread. ;) :)

Rod

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.