Sticker Wraps Void Warranty?

Reaction score
I found out that buying a sticker wrap for your Phantom can void the warranty. Can you believe it? That's exactly what DJI told me in an email question to them regarding stickers. So if you buy a wrap for $20, you have to destroy it if you have a warranty issue that needs repaired. Wraps will usually peel off OK, but if you send it to DJI with it installed, WARRANTY VOID!....if you believe their email answer.

I also found out.......YOU CANNOT request for your drone to ONLY be REPAIRED under warranty. It's at the discretion of DJI to repair or replace your drone, if you expect it to be fixed under warranty at no charge.

Even out of warranty repairs, I wonder if they will replace it with a used refurb instead of actually repairing what's wrong. This makes me want to use other repair options if it's out of warranty. At least you have some control of the firmware by dictating to not touch firmware with an independent repair shop that you can actually talk to the technician on the phone. Fortunately I found a good guy that repairs Phantoms when needed.

I would be treating an email from a single source from DJI as suspicious. Unless the wrap is constructed of some material that may affect the compass or GPS, what possible difference would that make. Are they suggesting that unless you buy a sanctioned DJI accessory that you would void warranty. I guess that rules out the extensive range of add ons such as lens filters, extended landing gear, strobon lights, accessory cables, covers for your RC, modified tablet holders, the use of non DJI FPV goggles, personally fitting an HDMI module etc. As for the warranty repairs, much has been written about this and their policy regarding turnaround options, my obvious concern would be in the case of 'out of warranty' repairs and paying good money and getting someone else's drone and I suspect that they would have no right to do so unless it was BER and they offered that option to you.
Sounds a bit incredulous to me.

Makes sense This simplifies the logistics.
When returned for repair they just swap out yours and repair it later if worthwhile.
They don't want to spend time removing decals and cleaning shells before repairing and placing your original one in the 'rotation'.

I found out that buying a sticker wrap for your Phantom can void the warranty. Can you believe it? That's exactly what DJI told me in an email question to them regarding stickers. So if you buy a wrap for $20, you have to destroy it if you have a warranty issue that needs repaired. Wraps will usually peel off OK, but if you send it to DJI with it installed, WARRANTY VOID!....if you believe their email answer.

I also found out.......YOU CANNOT request for your drone to ONLY be REPAIRED under warranty. It's at the discretion of DJI to repair or replace your drone, if you expect it to be fixed under warranty at no charge.

Even out of warranty repairs, I wonder if they will replace it with a used refurb instead of actually repairing what's wrong. This makes me want to use other repair options if it's out of warranty. At least you have some control of the firmware by dictating to not touch firmware with an independent repair shop that you can actually talk to the technician on the phone. Fortunately I found a good guy that repairs Phantoms when needed.
Aaaarrrrhhh i just buy phantom cover,(sticker decal),i cant say i will ever use dji care or send for repair from this far location,2 weeks one way on boat,easy just go buy another,very intersting though like tevek said what about all other extras they sell,they already digging a hole that they wont get out of,customer relations already shot just from reading what some have to endure,,,what next,,:)

Reactions: tevek
Aaaarrrrhhh i just buy phantom cover,(sticker decal),i cant say i will ever use dji care or send for repair from this far location,2 weeks one way on boat,easy just go buy another,very intersting though like tevek said what about all other extras they sell,they already digging a hole that they wont get out of,customer relations already shot just from reading what some have to endure,,,what next,,:)
And you sir have nailed it....my P4 boosted set up is out of warranty shortly and I expect not to get warranty given what I have done, the alternative was to wait until that period expired and then make the changes to give me my requirements for safe and functional flying. Not everyone lives in an open area..... 1 Klm shooting through the forest is good enough for me.

And you sir have nailed it....my P4 boosted set up is out of warranty shortly and I expect not to get warranty given what I have done, the alternative was to wait until that period expired and then make the changes to give me my requirements for safe and functional flying. Not everyone lives in an open area..... 1 Klm shooting through the forest is good enough for me.
Yep ,bit adicted to ebay and have me eye on a new one, its got that dangerous buy now button,but just got another heli so i got get some $$$$ back in there,last count ive brought 21 items in 2 weeks ,dji parts including maxxrange full kit ,p3s antenna booster set,losi nitro car parts,remote for t rex 450 and a t rex 450 with heaps of extras,,omg,,but hey only live once ,:)still no flights for me yet since my issues almost bit cautious now but try get it out tommorow

Yep ,bit adicted to ebay and have me eye on a new one, its got that dangerous buy now button,but just got another heli so i got get some $$$$ back in there,last count ive brought 21 items in 2 weeks ,dji parts including maxxrange full kit ,p3s antenna booster set,losi nitro car parts,remote for t rex 450 and a t rex 450 with heaps of extras,,omg,,but hey only live once ,:)still no flights for me yet since my issues almost bit cautious now but try get it out tommorow
I love reading about people like yourself pushing it along. You do indeed have only one life and doing something you enjoy is even better. I flew today on a 9 Klm round trip and loved it, no harm to anyone and I broke out into the usual sweat coming back......

I love reading about people like yourself pushing it along. You do indeed have only one life and doing something you enjoy is even better. I flew today on a 9 Klm round trip and loved it, no harm to anyone and I broke out into the usual sweat coming back......
Choice good flight ,yip anything with blades or props and smells of nitromethane,like most of us ,i want one,well this little kiwi gota find some sleep for work so i can buy some more dji products,ha,take care out there ,:)keep safe

Are they suggesting that unless you buy a sanctioned DJI accessory that you would void warranty. I guess that rules out the extensive range of add ons such as lens filters, extended landing gear, strobon lights, accessory cables, covers for your RC, modified tablet holders, the use of non DJI FPV goggles, personally fitting an HDMI module etc.
Even DJI accessories should be removed when returning a craft for warranty repair. Wherever I have returned my craft for warranty repair (I've done this 3 times, P4 twice and Mavic once) DJI advised to remove all accessories before shipping the craft. Fortunately if you added an Itelite DBS2 mod to the RC you don't have to return it most the time, which would void the warranty if you did. So until warranty is up I always advise to wait on buying a DBS2 mod and use Windsurfer as an interim range extender, since it can easily be installed and removed from the antennas without affecting warranty. Windsurfer does a good job of focusing the signal in a directional method like DBS2, you just can't boost the signal with Sunhans amplifiers like DBS2, if that's what you want to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl