Stay away from the Parrot Disco if you are thinking about buying it.

Last Sunday I flew a flight plan out to the end of the north Galveston jetty (5 miles), then the across the channel, then back over the south jetty, then across the channel again before landing at Ft. Travis park. About a 31 minute flight with 43% battery left. It lost connection at 2.1 miles and regained at 1.7. I want to add a bigger battery before anything longer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is actually two flights sewn together but could have been flown with one aftermarket battery.

I've been flying my $399. Disco for several months now without major problems. Amazing machine really. You can reach places you never could with a normal quad.

How do you mean? Edit: Specifically "places you never could with a normal quad"

I watched the video you posted, too. I have my opinions.

Also, I enjoyed seeing my home town vacation spot (grew up in New Caney, TX but traveled to Galveston for vacations). Thanks for that.

I guess what I mean is a wing is more efficient and therefore has greater range. To me it's like having another tool in the toolbox. Bebop for most stuff, Disco (using flight plan) for far away stuff, P3p when you need excellent camera work.

Hi Guys, I'm thinking about buying a Disco Pro Ag for surveys but since I started to read this thread I'm a little worried about having a 3800 camera in something that "drops from the sky".
As it was stated before the problems appeared during 2016 for the most part. Can someone confirm that the problems have stopped?

personally don't like original post ..anyway I purchased a parrot disco 1 week ago..and found it a refreshing change from flying a phantom. Yes you really have to fly it (bit like atti mode all the the time) and landing the disco was eventful on my first 3 flights (crashed into a tree once) but once I leaned what I was doing wrong..no prob lem oh..its like anything new it can a challenge you just have to press on..cheers!

Reactions: dgd3
personally don't like original post ..anyway I purchased a parrot disco 1 week ago..and found it a refreshing change from flying a phantom. Yes you really have to fly it (bit like atti mode all the the time) and landing the disco was eventful on my first 3 flights (crashed into a tree once) but once I leaned what I was doing wrong..no prob lem oh..its like anything new it can a challenge you just have to press on..cheers!
They are quite rugged I found out after I fell out of trees on three separate times retrieving it from my early mistakes.

Reactions: Alan Russel
I have owned a Parrot Disco for almost a year now. Never flew a fixed wing before but built and flew several quadcopters and a hexcopter. I found the Disco easy to fly and have not had any problems with it. It has tured out to be much more reliable than my multicopters.

Reactions: Alan Russel
I have owned a Parrot Disco for almost a year now. Never flew a fixed wing before but built and flew several quadcopters and a hexcopter. I found the Disco easy to fly and have not had any problems with it. It has tured out to be much more reliable than my multicopters.
three words to describe the Parrot Disco after 5 days of ownership..its loud, its fast and its fun!

Reactions: dgd3
The parrot disco has RTH it comes back where it took off and circles above in loiter mode.

The Parrot Disco does not return on low battery during manual control nor when on a waypoint mission. DJI has the same feature of not returning on low battery when on a waypoint mission. But DJI dOES return upon low battery when in manual control.

This is why you buy a Parrot Disco.... 160klm flight distance, over 3 hour flight time...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is an update on my parrot disco...this happened about 6 weeks ago, i decided to fly the wing out of town in a
showgouund..perfect i thought there was a couple of big yate trees adjacent to me but that shouldn't be an issue. Anyway comming into land over corrected an flew into one of those trees hitting a big trunk..the parrot broke apart on impact (the wings ok damaged motor and camera) ..its a write off..$700.00 AUS crash..boy was
i pissed off!!!

I had never heard of this AC until seeing this thread so i googled to see it. Its available in Canada at Best buy for $599 cdn. Looks like a very cool AC but the reviews are awful and you cannot return it to best buy if the box has been opened, you must deal with parrot directly and in the reviews that process is also awful. Personally, i think ill stick with Dji and an AC that can hover lol.

AWESOME FLIGHT...well done "thebrunks"
Alan, that's not mine, BUT the 4G setup is the main reason I bought one.

I had never heard of this AC until seeing this thread so i googled to see it. Its available in Canada at Best buy for $599 cdn. Looks like a very cool AC but the reviews are awful and you cannot return it to best buy if the box has been opened, you must deal with parrot directly and in the reviews that process is also awful. Personally, i think ill stick with Dji and an AC that can hover lol.

All the "Awful reviews" are from people who have never flown a fixed wing aircraft before... if you look at the world wide reviews they're around a 4.4 out of 5 score.

For the money they are insanely good... Best part is that with a 14000Mah battery pack they'll stay in the air for over 3 hours.

When the priced dropped from $1200 to $399, I purchased 2! Love them. Great machines. Stays in the air so long you'll get tired of flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic