Be Warned: www.dronesforless.co.uk (especially if buying from the U.K.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the reason I didn’t bother sending back the wrong batteries. Wouldn’t it be nice to go to a shop and try out your drone or parts so you know what your getting before you part with your hard earned.
Errrr.... did you get them from Drones Direct or Dronesforless? If it's the former, they are a U.K. based retailer and part of the "Direct" group.
If it's the latter, then yes, that is the subject of this thread and I can understand you're reticence about returning them..

Errrr.... did you get them from Drones Direct or Dronesforless? If it's the former, they are a U.K. based retailer and part of the "Direct" group.
If it's the latter, then yes, that is the subject of this thread and I can understand you're reticence about returning them..

Drones direct.

Perhaps I should explain more.

I ordered 1 complete P4p and 2 further batteries with the Triple charger.

The P4p turned up with the wrong battery and the twin pack was the wrong ones as well.

So, can I get all 3 changed, just one, do I need to send everything back because they can’t supply what I want, or what?

Sometimes you just need to speak with someone.

It doesn’t make it any easier when you email and telephone only to get standardised email asking you to prove your battery’s are the ones sent. How on earth that can be done I’ve no idea.

So Direct group or not, rather than waste my time I thought I’d just find out if people think the’re crap as they appear to be and avoid in future!

Drones direct.

Perhaps I should explain more.

I ordered 1 complete P4p and 2 further batteries with the Triple charger.

The P4p turned up with the wrong battery and the twin pack was the wrong ones as well.

So, can I get all 3 changed, just one, do I need to send everything back because they can’t supply what I want, or what?

Sometimes you just need to speak with someone.

It doesn’t make it any easier when you email and telephone only to get standardised email asking you to prove your battery’s are the ones sent. How on earth that can be done I’ve no idea.

So Direct group or not, rather than waste my time I thought I’d just find out if people think the’re crap as they appear to be and avoid in future!

I'd give them a call tomorrow to get them to sort the problem for you. I think there's a standard rate number on the invoice? If the battery in the box was incorrect, was this an open box unit? When did you purchase the kit? Did you buy online? If so you've 14 days to return it for a refund. You have further protection if you used a credit card too, so if they don't play ball, get them involved.

I'd give them a call tomorrow to get them to sort the problem for you. I think there's a standard rate number on the invoice? If the battery in the box was incorrect, was this an open box unit? When did you purchase the kit? Did you buy online? If so you've 14 days to return it for a refund. You have further protection if you used a credit card too, so if they don't play ball, get them involved.
Like I said, Not worth the effort. I've already called, email'd and called again sent photos etc. I bought a drone, not hours of grief. They have made it difficult to communicate, the best I can get out of it is a couple of minuets flight time. Better to move on and take future business elsewhere.

Like I said, Not worth the effort. I've already called, email'd and called again sent photos etc. I bought a drone, not hours of grief. They have made it difficult to communicate, the best I can get out of it is a couple of minuets flight time. Better to move on and take future business elsewhere.
Your choice. I would be letting them get away with it.

Your choice. I would be letting them get away with it.

Assuming you meant wouldn’t?

I’m not letting them get away with it, I tried to get it resolved, they made it difficult. Our plans involve further purchases which will go elsewhere. (Some already done)

I’ve learned not to waste time on them and someone better will get my business.

I like to keep the stress out of life where I can.

Assuming you meant wouldn’t?

I’m not letting them get away with it, I tried to get it resolved, they made it difficult. Our plans involve further purchases which will go elsewhere. (Some already done)

I’ve learned not to waste time on them and someone better will get my business.

I like to keep the stress out of life where I can.
Yeah, wouldn't. Well, in reality they have got away with it; you haven't got the goods for which you've paid and they have your money, but I understand where you're coming from re the stress. Amazon have thee best Customer Service and good prices too.

RESULT!
Told you I was going to raise hell!
They (DfL) have admitted defeat and surrendered.
I laid out MY Returns Policy regarding the backpack for exchange. They were required by me to mail me a Return Label with tracking number, send the proper backpack and I would do a “swap & drop” with the courier.
I got a reply almost by return! They ‘didn’t have in stock’ the backpack I wanted. Would I accept £££ to just bury this deal? ⚰️.. and go away. He-he! I will accept the cash but I did not agree to disappear. I already have the Credit Card refund so I’m ‘Quids In’ and DfL will still have to get that sorted.

Tips:
* Top Tip is always involve your credit card co. at the first smell of a potential problem. It will take a couple of weeks to resolve things. If it is blatantly obvious and can’t be argued then a temporary refund will usually be made. Hence e-mail record.
* e-mail is your time-stamp, recording friend. Always CC the credit company and indicate it in the e-mail body text. Always quote previous for the chain of communication.
* Don’t just write “Where is my kit?” Create a properly constructed letter highlighting the issue and your expectations of resolution.
* Spellcheck before punching the send button. Keep it professional.
* Allow 1 contact phone call then stick to e-mail.
* Lay down YOUR rules when you are absolutely in the right.
* Hang on to your aces when the credit card steps in. Don’t agree to let DfL sort things out ... on condition that you drop the big shitty credit card stick.
* Don’t keep answering by return. Wait a week or two and make them dig for info. After 9 weeks and a rocket up the backside from Master Card, they had no idea what the problem was.
* Do NOT dive in with ranting threats of reports to Advertising Agency Standards. These are some of your ♠️. Guard them well and keep these aces up your sleeve.

Sorry for the ramble but I think it was needed for clarity and a bit of encouragement to you guys out on a limb. Hang in there and don’t let them away with shoddy trading and false advertising.
A. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazza. and Neon Euc
This is beyond a joke now. I’ve emailed DFL at least once a day since the tracking shows the item was DELIVERED to whatever their UK return address is and all I’ve had back is one automated email stating my query has been passed to the relevant department. STILL no refund.

The item showed DELIVERED a week ago and hasn’t moved since. They seem to think it’s fine to just not refund me or communicate with me.

If they are waiting for the item to arrive in New York then they’ll have a long wait because they’ve obviously set a UK return address with the courier for whatever reason. If they were to actually communicate with me and look into where the package is then they’d see it’s not going anywhere else and have no reason not to refund me.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! Even if buying from the U.S. They are an absolute joke.

One more email yesterday mentioning Trading Standards and Citizens Advice actually got me a response from DFL after over a week of silence from them.

Apparently they have now started the refund process. I’m yet to see it in my bank yet though. They are an absolute PITA to deal with, their communication is terrible at best and often no existent.

@ Rip. Keep pestering them and get the Credit Card company involved. They have the most clout as far as getting you a refund. The other Trading Regulators may put some laxative in their morning coffee. Certainly the Advertising Standards should be interested if enough folk put their complaints in.

Are you sending back to 77 Beak Street? That was a Post Box service. It is now a perfumery.
The PO office has moved round the corner to 15 Ingestre Place.
I have a Brooklyn NY USA address which was on the original package when it was first delivered.
It is on one of the images I posted previously. (Post #46)

I have been promised that a refund transaction for £75/ $100 is under way for the 'wrong' backpack being out of stock and to bury this Saga! :rolleyes: It better be in my account by tomorrow...
Do you think they are trying to buy me out?? Not for $100! :p

Edit: Just noticed that Google Reviews has a range of low (1, 2 & 3) review star ratings.

Last edited:
Credit and company is already involved but they give DFL a 45 day period to argue any case they might have.

And no, I refused delivery so the item automatically gets returned to sender or whatever the sender has registered as a return address.

Reactions: AuldGimpy
I received an 'Interim Payment' subject to confirmation of complaint. 45 day Argue Time is standard practice with the Credit Card Co. Otherwise they could be paying out on unfounded claims. I think it is a reasonable practice. A buit tough if you are strapped for the replacement value.

I received an 'Interim Payment' subject to confirmation of complaint. 45 day Argue Time is standard practice with the Credit Card Co. Otherwise they could be paying out on unfounded claims. I think it is a reasonable practice. A buit tough if you are strapped for the replacement value.
Well if that whole 45 days elapses before a resolve then I will have been out of pocket for around 65 days in total. Most of this time has been due to DFL taking 4-5 days or more to actually respond to anything.

Don’t get me wrong, I in no way need the money, it was only bought on a credit card as my wife gets loyalty points so whenever I buy anything of any value she makes me use her card. It’s the principle of the thing, DFL are clearly masquerading as a UK outfit and are extremely slow and unreliable with anything.

As said, if DFL were upfront about them being U.S. based and offered decent prices, fast shipping, good communications and such like, none of this would be an issue.

Absolutely. I was specifically looking for a UK company. When I saw the P4 Bundle deal price with 2 EXTRA batteries, I was taken in by the UK disguise and not being some scammer in the middle of somewhere. All this grief does them no favours. I can grudgingly accept a human error but when they mess up the address, wrong backpack, faulty item, 1 extra battery instead of 2 .... then 5 months to get it sorted . Well almost. At least I am not out of pocket and actually won on some points. I have a P4, 4 batteries 2 of which are the higher rated type. A wrong backpack and a £75 'disappear' and go away back-hander.

Luckily for me, I am fairly flush cashwise and could stand the deal with HBOS-MasterCard. Don't get me wrong. The Lottery has not done me any favours (yet!) and £1100 was a hole in my stash under the bed.

I'm chippoing in on this topic to help folk make an informed decision and who might be stretching to buy some D4L kit. They do Camera gear as well as drones and other kit.
It is this push to look like a UK company that annoys me.

I might disappear but that doesn't mean I am dropping D4L and going away. :imp:

I was shocked to hear that this company is us based. I too was suckered in thinking it was a uk operation. Luckily my two orders went without a hitch and was none the wiser.
On hearing these stories it could of turned out very different.

The main issue I have with them is their very misleading website, they've worked hard to make it look like a UK based business.
Yes, I know what you mean, and reading some of the other replies I think I must have got lucky and caught them on a good day.
I had everything as part of the deal and all has been okay so far, fingers crossed etc.

Disappearance Refund has not been forth-coming. Why am I not surprised! I'll be generous (foolish boy!) and give another 24 hours before getting really pesky. :imp:

I think it is time to raise another Credit Card Dispute! ... Sod it, might as well include Advertising Standards Authority & Trading Standards.

Yanking my chain is a bad idea, particularly in the run up to the festive season.

Reactions: Rip
FINALLY! I have a refund! 27 days later...

If you REALLY need to deal with this company and have any type of problem whatsoever be prepared to do ALL the leg work.

I had to email them at the very least once a day, open a dispute with my credit card company and threaten them with Trading Standards.

I STRONGLY recommend anyone to avoid this company at all costs, their communication is almost non existent and obviously customer satisfaction is very low on their list of priorities. And obviously they are still masquerading as a U.K. based company which in my book is very wrong.

Reactions: Bazza. and Neon Euc
@Rip, Congratulations on finally getting your refund. :)
As I have to get around permanently with the aid of elbow crutches, I will overlook your reference to doing the "leg work" ... this time. :p;)

I strongly support Rip's suggestion to avoid trading with DfL. I am now into my 6th. MONTH trying to deal nicely with DfL with only partial success.

I, on the other hand, received an "Order Completed" e-mail and not the expected £75 pay-off to disappear (ahem! refund) even though it was "being processed" and to allow a couple of business working days to complete the transfer. After a couple of days plus 1 full week allowance it is now my turn in this silly game.

I strongly support Rip's suggestion to avoid trading with DfL.

First Round:
# 01. Reply to DfL's agreed refund of £75 and express my displeasure that it has been exchanged for an Order Completed e-mail.
# 02. Initiate another Credit Card Dispute for this refund.
# 03. Contact Citizens Advice and seek their interest of any or all of:
Consumer Protection and Rights, Trading Standards, Advertising Standards Authority, Federal Trade Commission (USA). This is not just a threat!
# 4. I didn't see any indication in any adverts or receipts of any VAT registration. This is strange as it is mandatory for a Distance Trading business (ie: trading as a UK company) with a cash turnover in excess of £70k to be VAT registered. HM Revenue & Customs take a dim view of Evasion/ Avoidance Schemes!
# 5. How about Facebook? What is their stance on fraudulent advertising?
# 6. DfL are a crowd of downright liars when it comes to dealing? with their customers once they have received payments. Apparently they do not believe in refunds.

That should get my refund moving.
(To be continued... :eek:)

Reactions: Neon Euc and Rip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers