Stay away from Icarus App!!!

No response from them, i tried everything, only thing that goes to my head is an app via usb to do the factory reset as the in app one

USB port in the P3S RC, as far as I know, is only connected to the battery for charging, it's not actually a data port.

Updated Sept 11th, ver 3.5, that Icarus?
Icarus for Phantom 3S 4K?

The Icarus version currently on Google Play is 3.2 (not 3.5), updated September 11. So if you got it the day before and it's still a 3.2, it's possible they published a new sub-version (like 3.2.1) under the same 3.2 number. So maybe they knew there was a problem and they fixed it... hard to say...

Regardless, looks like you either wait for DJI to repair the original remote, or you bite the bullet and buy a third one... I just checked eBay, you should be able to bring one home for $50. Not too bad, overall.

Last edited:
you must use the icarus app that is legally from google app store, not the free apk you could download as freeware.

just tested this app today on my Phantom 3 4K and everything went well.

I had this same issue when i tried icarus. It was stuck on 20% for ever. I waiting for a long time and it was like the app had hanged after getting to 20%. I then restarted the RC and the Drone and I never got to see the wifi on my phone. It was just 1 week old when this happened. I returned it to the store saying wifi isnt showing and they replaced it with a new unit. Luckily for me. I removed the app right away from my phone and will never go near it again.

I'm now using the latest FW version too in the new unit. I have tried to telnet in to the drone using phone apps as well as via a laptop using putty but I am not able to telnet to it nor SSH to it. Therefore I am now scared to even try to do the magic power mod since I dont wanna brink the second unit i luckily got due to warranty..

Reactions: newby518
I have tried changing the wi-fi power levels to 27 dBm using ICARUS and the net result was 30% less distance before "signal lost" and RTH triggered. I currently have both set to +20 dBm and flying in a residential area at 400ft altitude I can fly 2,200 feet out from home point. With both settings at +27 dBm I was only able to fly 1,500 feet from home point. I have to conclude that the signal gets very noisy at +27 dBm or possibly interferes with the 5.8 GHz control signal. My drone has the Argtek mod and I am using an FPV 5.8 GHz patch panel antenna instead of the Argtek dipole antenna. I have not tried other settings (between +20 dBm and +27 dBm).

why not use magic? i am using magic power 5.3 on fw 1.9.2 an i can get 1km in cities and 1.8km 500m high in the mountains

Magic Power and Icarus do pretty much the same thing. Icarus has the advantage of being a mobile app, so you don't need a computer to apply it. Both are effectively "hacks" so there is an inherent risk with using either one or the other.

Never had any problem with Icarus in all time I flew my Std.

Nigel

Hello i am using also icarus...what is the best setting? 20db both or 27 db? i am fflying at both 27

I used Icarus on a past trip to Europe and it worked very well, giving me a strong WiFi signal all the way to the limit of the 5.8GHz control signal (which is unaffected by Icarus).
I just got back from another trip to Europe, and this time Icarus did NOT work for me: I set it to 27dBm both on AC and RC, exactly like I did previously, but actual range got worse, with constant "weak signal" messages, even at short distances. I reverted back to stock and everything went back to normal, with both 2.4 and 5.8GHz signals giving up approx at the same time.

Reactions: Kai.AL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT