Stay away from Icarus App!!!

Reaction score
Icarus app screwed 2 of my remote controllers.

Every now and than after few uses the APP kills your SSID, that means the wifi from controller to your tablet/phone wont go show so you can comnect to it, use that app at your own risk, im done with icarus, and my first remote still hasn't been returned from warranty repair since aug/21.

Im very dissapointed from the devs.

Reactions: ferncfc
You are the first and only report I know of Icarus screwing up a remote.

There was a guy who complained - but that turned out as usual to be Operator error ... and to be honest - to make error in using Icarus - you'd have to be pretty dumb !!

Sorry - but thousands out there enjoy Icarus as others enjoy Magic Power ... both basically act on the same item - the Auto GPS line that tells FW where you are !

One of the factors that makes some say Icarus fails is the you need to enable Telnet ... you need to revert to Factory default before making more changes ...

Nigel

I did the regular steps just like i did with my original RC, when i clicked to set the db and telnet, it hanged at 20% and it stayed there for 1hr with no response, thats what happened today with a new remote that i never had any problems with and after that nothing worked, remote got the solid red light and no Wifi SSID to connect to

WhatvFW are you using because I believe Icarus did need an update recently ....

Are you using the latest Icarus ?

Factory reset needs gear restarted before activating .... if you don't - it will not work.

Nigel

I assume you really mean 1.9.20 ...

Nigel
Yep, both remote stopped at 20% and never did anything, i restarted the app, tried to factory reset it, it stayed at 0% and in that moment i knew everything was ******, now im stuck with no remote, my oem remote been at dji for almost a month, now i have to ship this one god knows for how long and all thanks to that crap app, i really wanted originally the papa magic but could downgrade to the recommended firmware, now im ******, no one has an answer ho to usb into the remote to fix nor any fix

For two remotes to do this smacks of something else to be honest ..... If you were close to me - I'd lend you my P3S remote as its doing zip at present .. with Icarus and Argtek on it ... works beautifully.

I've had others apply Icarus after I suggested - never seen any faults .... just that hiccup where to change anything after Icarus has made first change - need to restart all items and revert to factory, restart all again ... test network, then make new settings ...

Nigel

For two remotes to do this smacks of something else to be honest ..... If you were close to me - I'd lend you my P3S remote as its doing zip at present .. with Icarus and Argtek on it ... works beautifully.

I've had others apply Icarus after I suggested - never seen any faults .... just that hiccup where to change anything after Icarus has made first change - need to restart all items and revert to factory, restart all again ... test network, then make new settings ...

Nigel
Would you sell it to me?

I still have to wait about another month in a half or more, just remote, i got 10dbi argtek kit

Look on eBay, I've seen P3S remotes going for as low as $40 here in the US.
As for Icarus, sorry to hear your story, I used it this summer on a trip to Europe and it worked perfectly for me. Actually, it failed to install on first try with the Telnet option un-checked, but it went through the second time when I checked it. I then reverted back to stock (no need for it, here in FCC mode) and that worked right away. But it definitely sucks to hear that it bricked not one but two RCs... no matter what, it should never do that.

Reactions: Iancognito87
Look on eBay, I've seen P3S remotes going for as low as $40 here in the US.
As for Icarus, sorry to hear your story, I used it this summer on a trip to Europe and it worked perfectly for me. Actually, it failed to install on first try with the Telnet option un-checked, but it went through the second time when I checked it. I then reverted back to stock (no need for it, here in FCC mode) and that worked right away. But it definitely sucks to hear that it bricked not one but two RCs... no matter what, it should never do that.
Thats what i said. Most ppl with SSID not showing up im pretty sure that's the problem

Would you sell it to me?

I still have to wait about another month in a half or more, just remote, i got 10dbi argtek kit

I live in Latvia and shipping would be a killer ....

Nigel

Thats what i said. Most ppl with SSID not showing up im pretty sure that's the problem
While there's many people - including myself - who had good luck with Icarus, I see another recent review on Google Play (there's one left today which I assume is yours, as it matches exactly what you wrote here) that claims Icarus bricked the RC, which is quite scary. Have you ever got a response from the developer in Italy?
Also, have you tried resetting WiFi on the RC (turn on RC, turn gimbal dial to far right, and toggle S2 back and forth at least 3 times)?

While there's many people - including myself - who had good luck with Icarus, I see another recent review on Google Play (there's one left today which I assume is yours, as it matches exactly what you wrote here) that claims Icarus bricked the RC, which is quite scary. Have you ever got a response from the developer in Italy?
Also, have you tried resetting WiFi on the RC (turn on RC, turn gimbal dial to far right, and toggle S2 back and forth at least 3 times)?
No response from them, i tried everything, only thing that goes to my head is an app via usb to do the factory reset as the in app one

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj