State Farm Insurance-First Claim?

Is this someone's guess that they will drop you or based on fact? I fly with a bud that has crashed a POS Karma, got a check and still has the policy. He added a Mavic to it after he got the check for the Karma..... Going on 3 months now I think...

Last edited:
Reactions: GooterPhantom4Pro
THey will drop after one claim..but the insurance is legit.

I hit a power line with my P4 and went into a lake on Aug 6th. Filed a claim with SF & sent them my flight log on the 7th, adjuster called me on the 8th & said my check for a replacement would be mailed that day. He said if I ordered a replacement, be sure to add it to the policy for coverage once I had it. Ordered a P4A on the 8th & got it on the 10th. Went by my Agents office on the 14th to add the P4A to my policy & when I got home and checked the mail, the check from SF had arrived!

This is the first claim I have ever had to file & I cant say enough about how great State Farm was thru this process!!

Big question is whether they will write a new policy for the new drone. I've heard after one claim your done.

that's what happened to me, my dji 4 got stolen, replaced it, just waiting for my insurance to expire next year. then i'm done!

I recently claimed my drone on an SF policy too. I crashed it into some trees and destroyed it. I only had the drone for maybe two weeks at the time. I sent it to drone nerds to get a repair estimate and shared that with SF. Once they saw it was more to fix it they cut me a check to buy a new one. It took extra time to send it in for the estimate so that was a bummer but it was covered and no deductible or hassle other than that.
I did have to purchase a new policy to cover the new one tho bc I used up all my premium/payout on the claim. So just be aware when you claim a crash your lifetime premium/payout will be deducted from for future claims. I had paid $60 for a $2000 policy. My new policy only covers me for the new drone. But I can send in paperwork to cover the case, accessories, and extra batteries to up the policy coverage. My premium didn't go up on the new policy look like they just base it off of the replacement value somehow. It's worth the $60 ish dollars without a doubt!

Did they confirm your done ?
IMG_5232.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5233.jpg
    IMG_5233.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 515
Don't you also have to have your home insurance with them? All we have is our Auto's with them, and our agent said she couldn't cover us for personal property

Nope. I have nothing with SF. I walked in a local,office, had drone info in hand, insured 2 P4P’s for $60.00.

I was told by 2 State Farm agents that the coverage did not include when using a drone for commercial reasons.

Michael Humphrey, I spoke with a State Farm agent in New Bern NC on Friday the 15th and they do cover drones on a Personal Artical policy for $60.00 buck a year.

Reactions: SantoPilot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj