Startup Chime and 4 Beeps

Reaction score
I have a P2 Standard that I have been flying and when I start it up I get the Startup Chime and 4 beeps.

I have a second P2 Standard that I just replaced the main board and when I start it up I get the Startup Chime but no beeps.

I've had both out and GPS satellite will lock on both, can calibrate Compass on both and they each seem to fly fine.

Why does one beep 4 times on startup and the other does not?

Thank you.

I have a P2 Standard that I have been flying and when I start it up I get the Startup Chime and 4 beeps.

I have a second P2 Standard that I just replaced the main board and when I start it up I get the Startup Chime but no beeps.

I've had both out and GPS satellite will lock on both, can calibrate Compass on both and they each seem to fly fine.

Why does one beep 4 times on startup and the other does not?

Thank you.
I put 'P2 beeps' into the search engine here (magnifying glass, top right) and found quite a lot of information on this subject - see the link below..

Generally speaking though, a certain number of beeps is a code to indicate that all is OK.... or not, as the case may be....

Search results for query: p2 beeps

In one thread I've just found, a poster suggests that the presence or absence of the 4 beeps is to do with the ESC versions. Earlier have the beeps and later do not. No last four beeps on initial start up on P2

Last edited:
I always search my question before I ask for help. The search I did netted 4 results that weren't helpful. I got another response indicating beeps are probably a result of different ESC versions which agrees with your response.

Thank you for responding.

Reactions: Steve7777
I always search my question before I ask for help. The search I did netted 4 results that weren't helpful. I got another response indicating beeps are probably a result of different ESC versions which agrees with your response.

Thank you for responding.

If the motors are 2312 than all the ESC modules have to match (ESC2). With the original motors 2212, the ESC modules can be mixed.
The 2312 motors had heavier windings and CCW motors shaft were all black while the 2212 CCW motors had only a black dot on the top of the shaft and it also used thinner windings.

By the way did you get the second P2 in the air?

I always search my question before I ask for help.

That's good and it's what is suggested (in a sticky) that all members do before they ask a question because (as you know, I am sure) the same old ones tend to come up again again..

I mentioned the search engine here, with guidance about where it is, because I wasn't aware that you already knew about it. I'm glad my findings concur with yours...

I think Post#1 suggests that both were flying OK, @jason

If the motors are 2312 than all the ESC modules have to match (ESC2). With the original motors 2212, the ESC modules can be mixed.
The 2312 motors had heavier windings and CCW motors shaft were all black while the 2212 CCW motors had only a black dot on the top of the shaft and it also used thinner windings.

By the way did you get the second P2 in the air?
The P2 that beeps has the motors with just a black dot on top. The non-beeping P2 has motor shafts that are all black.

Yes, I replaced the main board, did the calibration for IMU and Compass, and flew it briefly (it is very cold here) on Friday. Seemed to fly fine - no drifting, held altitude, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31