Started disconnecting, turn off "cache to device" help?

Reaction score
Never had a problem, but recently the app disconnects at fairly close range, around 400 ft. and if I restart app - not change distance - it reconnects for a time. Only change is a larger sd card (16 gig) so only thought is that the tablet is crashing the app? I have been using a Nexus 7, 2nd gen. and no problems with average distance and connection for months. Has latest firmware and did reinstall the app also. Plenty of storage available on the tablet. Happens when not near other wifi to interfere or electrical interference - way out in a park and still disconnects. Any helpful suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
I realized this has happened since I updated firmware about a week ago. I have searched through threads but is there an issue with disconnecting on certain devices after updating recent firmware? I've cleared cash on the tablet, reinstalled the app, reconnected controller to the drone, flown in complete open areas with no interference, etc. etc.

SOLVED. As suspected, firmware update larger file and crashing Nexus 7 operating system with limited ram. Used my wife's iPad and fllew almost 2 miles no problem (not really 2 miles, ha). Cleared off other programs on tablet and seems to be doing just fine now that storage and processing is reduced. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl