Start Diagnostics never finish

Reaction score
Hi All,

So sorry that this has to be my first post here - I need some help. I have looked through the forum and other places online but haven't found the answer here. I have had my Phantom 3 Standard for about 2 weeks now and am in the frustrating situation of it not completing the startup diagnostics. After turning on everything, getting 11 GPS satellites, a good connection between the controller and drone (green light), can see the camera feed through to my iPhone (iOS11), the drone sits there with R Y G cycling through and going "beep beep .... beep beep .... beep beep ...". Therefore I cannot callibrate the compass or start the motors or do any thing else at all.

So far I have:
* Removed the battery and left it for 10 mins and tried again
* tried different locations (fields)
* turned everything off, waited 5 mins, turned everything back on again
* restarted the drone, phone, controller in different orders
* re-calibrated the IMU
* left it for 20 mins and it still is cycling through R Y G and going "beep beep ... beep beep... beep beep... etc"

I have had several successful flights already - this is not the first time out of the box. But when I turned it on this morning this is what happens.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Ok. Have just tried again indoors at home and been successful in getting it to stop cycling through the R Y G and ended the endless "beep beep ... beep beep ... ".

But obviously now needs a compass calibration (which fails because I am indoors).

HOWEVER, I thought it might be good to do a motor arming (without the props) just to see if it is all good. But this fails. Motors don't do anything.

So, progress, but no cigar. Still need help if anyone has any suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

-scooter.

Spoke too soon. Just turned it off again and we are back to the never ending R Y G and "beep beep ... beep beep .... beep beep ...."

HELP!?

How is the camera? Did you check the sd card as it may be corrupted. Quickly format it using the app when the drone is turned on, then turn everything off and start it up again. Also whats the battery percentage? Is it fully charged ?

Thank you for replying. Battery is fine for everything. Camera is fine and streaming to the phone. I’ll try the SD card format and see what happens.

Ok. SD Card Formatting FAILED when I use the DJI app. There's something new - thank you. Also, have noticed that the light on the camera is flashing red, indicating an SD card error.

When I insert the SD card into my PC I can see everything on it and also noted that the .txt file on there says that the latest firmware upgrade was successful.

Is there any particular reason why there is an SD card error? Is that what is causing the diagnostics not to finish completing?

Last edited:
Ok. Have formatted the card and how the light in front of the camera is green constantly - all good.

But the drone is still going R Y G and "beep beep .... beep beep... etc" and does not complete the startup diagnostics.

Def an SD card problem I would say. Do you have another one to try?

Probably not now. Hopefully @msinger, @meta or @up with the birds can chime in on this one, but glad to know we are halfway there now fixing this for you

Just a shot in the dark, but is your left stick in the neutral position?

Also, keep in mind ‘compass error: recalibrate’ really means move away from metal 99% of the time.
That’s not what’s stopping you, but don’t get hung up on it.
This same thing happens to me occasionally, and it did on. Y second battery a few days ago. I power down everything and power back up and am ok. I also have much more trouble with DJIGO then when I use Litchi.

Thanks heaps for your input everyone.

Stick is def in neutral.
Have successfully calibrated IMU.
Not so worried about compass at this point since that seems to be the next step after it completing the self diagnostic. Any other thoughts to stop the **** beep beep..?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31