Stage 3

just installed stage 2 (bird is for next week).
went on my testing place, semi urban, lot of trees, did 450ft high, and reached 3600ft before i lost control( must check if it is not limited in software, i am in fcc mode, is there another setting which could reduce the range?). Before i did 1800 ft. Never lost fpv in flying away, only when the bird turned.
At this moment i would say double the range is correct. But time will tell ;-)
Happy flyer ;-) Thanks Tony!

max said:
nelly said:
No booster, straight stage 3. I flew yesterday to 9600 before I lost control. I lost control before video
Wow, jealous. I just did stage 3 and it seems I am getting slightly less distance than with stage 2! (however same coverage irrespective of bird orientation, which I guess is the main point of stage 3). I hit 7k with stage 2 and I haven't gotten past 5500 with stage 3 yet.

Did you hit stage 2 7k feet in a wif congested area?
That's inpressice either way.

I just got my RE700 working on my p2v. I'm thinking about getting the stage 2 pilots side. My question is does the reception cut off whenever the bird twists or turns because there isn't 360 degree coverage on the bird ? Thanks

Nelly
Please keep us posted on this. I went straight to stage 3. I finished it last week but I'm only getting 2200ft on Distance at around 200ft and that's in wide open areas with zero interference from outside wifi. Nothing around.

I did find that my wifi repeater connections were touching metal and a fixed that and glued the connections in place. I also checked the connection inside the Tx and and looks fine but I went ahead a glued it. Then checked connections inside the bird. All of them good also but I added glue to secure them. I hope to test them this weekend. But I really haven't changed much except the connections in wifi repeater so I'm not sure that's going to do a thing for the TX range. Maybe the glue holding contacts together will.

Can you post a pick of how your antennas are mounted on your phantom. It's hard to tell in the other pics you posted.

Thanks.

I will try to post pics later today. Not really sure what my problem was on loosing range, but i have since torn apart and checked everything and i am back to around 11,000ft. alot has to do with aiming. I have found just by slight movements can mean the difference in 1000' or more. I have my preview res set on the highest, never loose wifi, picture is a smooth as silk, but always loose control signal first. I flew yesterday to 10,300' and 11,600' respectively.

moswissa said:
max said:
nelly said:
No booster, straight stage 3. I flew yesterday to 9600 before I lost control. I lost control before video
Wow, jealous. I just did stage 3 and it seems I am getting slightly less distance than with stage 2! (however same coverage irrespective of bird orientation, which I guess is the main point of stage 3). I hit 7k with stage 2 and I haven't gotten past 5500 with stage 3 yet.

Did you hit stage 2 7k feet in a wif congested area?
That's inpressice either way.

I just got my RE700 working on my p2v. I'm thinking about getting the stage 2 pilots side. My question is does the reception cut off whenever the bird twists or turns because there isn't 360 degree coverage on the bird ? Thanks

My 7k was over water, but got close to that over sand going down the beach as well.

You can lose the reception at long distances depending on bird orientation. That is what stage 3 is for. According to Tony that is the primary reason to do stage 3, don't expect a lot in terms of max range increase

nelly said:
I will try to post pics later today. Not really sure what my problem was on loosing range, but i have since torn apart and checked everything and i am back to around 11,000ft. alot has to do with aiming. I have found just by slight movements can mean the difference in 1000' or more. I have my preview res set on the highest, never loose wifi, picture is a smooth as silk, but always loose control signal first. I flew yesterday to 10,300' and 11,600' respectively.

Nelly, can you please tell us which firmware you're running. And do you use an app? Sorry if you've already divulged this information.

Nelly

Are your antenna snug are easy to move? If I leave washers in place the antennas will move very easy but if I remove grip washer them they snug up and it takes a little pressure to move antennas.

What the best way to hold your transmitter? I have found that pointing the tallest antena at the phantom seems to help.

I do not use the washers. i point mine at about 30deg from ground level. ant are very tight,no play. just came back inside from a 12,400 flight

Gonefishing51077 said:
Nelly

Are your antenna snug are easy to move? If I leave washers in place the antennas will move very easy but if I remove grip washer them they snug up and it takes a little pressure to move antennas.

What the best way to hold your transmitter? I have found that pointing the tallest antena at the phantom seems to help.
Tony from FPVLR told me to remove the washers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4